cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lamanga2004
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity - Local Loop Unbundling

Go to solution

Hi, sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find it in search.

Does BT plan to, or indeed is it legislated to have to, unbundle the Infinity service?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity - Local Loop Unbundling

Go to solution

Interesting question don't know the answer but I would think the question wont even arise unbundling as I understand it was due to the old public service telephone company having a monopoly on the copper wires not a situation applying to fibre

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It's different in detail to the LLU that we know and love, but essentially - yes, it's already in place.

Other service providers are able to provide a broadband FTTC service using BTs infrastructure, or they can provide their own.

Highlighted
alanchown
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Infinity is essentially an unbundled service. BT Retail buy Generic Ethernet Access from Openreach. They add their wrap(Home Hub, Vision etc) to it and call it Infinity. Any other CP can buy the GEA service from Openreach. BT Retail get exactly the same service from Openreach as any other CP.

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/  says that Talk talk and Sky are trialling the service. They would give the service their own name, i.e. it wouldn't be Infinity.

Alan

lamanga2004
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Alan, comprehensive answer. +1

0 Ratings