cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity..... NOT!!!!!

Well after over a year of the date slipping every 3 months I finally get a response from BT about Infinity in my area. Now when you read the following please remember that half my village has already got Infinity on the same exchange I connect to:

Well Thanks for Nothing BT. YOU SUCK! Man Mad

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity..... NOT!!!!!

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that your street cabinet, Coxhoe cabinet 11, is not on Openreach's Fibre Broadband rollout plan, but unfortunately all you can do now is to Register your interest at http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx , also you may want to look at government grants and local broadband support schemes that are in your local area and Government schemes.

Also BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP who operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get FTTC or FTTP/H based broadband such as BT Infinity.

The rollout of fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP/H) is being planned, managed and done by Openreach for all communication provider/ISP. BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout and planning of fibre broadband.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

As I am not allowed to post the actual email in to my post as it is against forum policy, here is basic outline of the email:

My Cabinet on teh already enabled exchange (That has half my village using FTTC) does not meet thier Commercial criteria so I wont be getting Infinity. If I want Infinity I have to try to talk to my council to get it. Like the local council will listen to me a mere pleb!

So once again Thanks BT for only looking at the £££££ and not giving a **bleep** about your customers.

Thanks jac_95 for the info but I have been regsitering interst for almost 4 yrs now and that has got me no where with a big money grabbing company.

Yes as you might of guessed I am Pi**ed off with BT
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

If superfast broadband is so important move to the part of town that has it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

plainview

"If superfast broadband is so important move to the part of town that has it."

Just as simple as that, just sell your house and up sticks and move. Yeah, now thats a good idea Einstein Man Surprised

0 Ratings