Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grayner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 65

Re: BT Infinity Not Avalible

Go to solution
That sounds like to new section. You will be covered by the service.

The Ceders Park Community Center will be one of the points that customer can connect to.

We are looking to charge £30 per month, with no download limited and a 20mb connection speed.

Its our hope that in the coming months that speed will increase to 40mb and then 60 mb.
0 Ratings
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 65

Go to solution

@grayner wrote:

We are looking to charge £30 per month, with no download limited and a 20mb connection speed.

Its our hope that in the coming months that speed will increase to 40mb and then 60 mb.

So more like Option1 then Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 65

Go to solution

Guys i have a bit of an update on the updating of cabinet 35.

After speaking to BT Openreach numerous times and getting fobbed off numerous times, they have finally confirmed that they are not planning to update this cabinet as part of their current plans as they deem it "not viable".

After confirming this i contacted Suffolk council regarding the Better Broadband 4 Suffolk (BB4S) and began email correspondance with one of their managers there. He confirmed with me that he was unsure of what was going on with this cabinet and needed to do some investigation and to leave it with him.

I heard back from him this week and he has confirmed that cabinet 35 was in the original roll out plan for BT to upgrade using their own funds. As this was the case, the council did not include it in their target area for public intervention, and did not seek EU permission to intervene. 

However this cabinet has now been placed on hold. He is unable to find out exactly why but it's normally to do with power, ducting or planning etc etc. 

Due to this change the council have now conducted a new “market review” which gives them permission to intervene. This is to prevent this cabinet being missed and“falling through the cracks” between the two schemes.

They must now wait for BT to formally declare that the cabinet has been removed from its plans, and  then they can introduce it to the council plans.  They are chasing BT for clarity on whether or not it intends to follow through with the upgrade, and to get a clear answers from them, in order that the council can put it onto their “list” ASAP.

They expect an answer from BT within the next couple of weeks and i've been told to keep in touch with him.

He has confirmed that as soon as BT confirm it will be removed it will be added to the BB4S program and will be upgraded.

So it looks like some good news on the high speed broadband for us members of the community connected to cabinet 35!!!!

I'll keep you updated

Dave

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 65

Go to solution
Looks like its planned in Phase 13a 2015.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 65

Go to solution

Ray,

Where have you got the details of the planned phases?

Who's planning phases is it.

The reason i ask is the information i put up here is from Friday and that lateset info from BT is that it's not viable and the council are now planning on taking it on

0 Ratings
philthemoat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 65

Go to solution
This is excellent news!
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 65

Go to solution

Phil,

The manager i have been in contact has been very helpful and has said that if BT confirm they aren't upgrading it then the council will. Not got any dates yet so it could still be a little bit of a wait but at least its a step in the right direction!!!!

Just got to get BT to confirm they are not upgrading it now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 65

Go to solution
As far as I'm aware Openreach are doing the rollout in conjunction with the council - it's not one or the other, it's both.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Monkfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 65

Go to solution

Ray, 

That is my understanding aswell, however where the funding comes from depends on who's planned roll out it is.

At present BT openreach planned their roll out on what cabinets and exchanges they deemed viable and cabinet 35 was not deemed viable at the time; although if it were to be assessed now it may be viable with all the new connections added to it. The council are however are looking to ensure that as many people as possible receive high speed broadband and have separate funding set aside for this BB4S project.

Can you provide a link to the planned phases as i've not been able to find the info anywhere

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 65

Go to solution
Sorry, the info is undated. It's not possible to say whther its more or less up to date than your own.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings