cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

BT Infinity Option 3 - Download Speed up to 160Mb - Can I get it?

I'm currently on the BT Infinity option 2 butt have just looked on your website and see there is now an option 3 which quotes a download speed of up to 160Mb

Is this option available to everyone? How can I upgrade to this package?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
ryant704
Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Infinity Option 3 - Download Speed up to 160Mb - Can I get it?

You need to have FTTP to be able to order Option 3.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 3 of 13

0 Ratings
P4PERTR4iL
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

fttp rollout has been slow.. when will they have it available in more areas?

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 5 of 13

@P4PERTR4iL wrote:

The process will be quite slow, they will probably run FTTP on demand first to see what sort of interest they get from customers. FTTP will roll out in the next couple  of years in all honesty. I think it was announced that the top ten centies in the U.K will get FTTP by 2016.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 6 of 13

@Aarong wrote:

@P4PERTR4iL wrote:

The process will be quite slow, they will probably run FTTP on demand first to see what sort of interest they get from customers. FTTP will roll out in the next couple  of years in all honesty. I think it was announced that the top ten centies in the U.K will get FTTP by 2016.

This will make FTTP rollout cheaper as the equipment will already be in place.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 7 of 13

@ryant704 wrote:

@Aarong wrote:

@P4PERTR4iL wrote:

This will make FTTP rollout cheaper as the equipment will already be in place.

I really can't see it being a cheap process, especially with the 'supposed' prices that are announced for FTTP on Demand.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

Before you get FTTPoD, BT or another ISP will have to offer 330mbps as its the only speed offered for on demand at the moment.

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 9 of 13

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Before you get FTTPoD, BT or another ISP will have to offer 330mbps as its the only speed offered for on demand at the moment.

Not a bad thing in all honesty, although it would be costly. If I was going to get FTTP on Demand, I would get the max I possibly could, if they were going to releasr different speeds for it.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

@Aarong wrote:

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Not a bad thing in all honesty, although it would be costly. If I was going to get FTTP on Demand, I would get the max I possibly could.

Yeh it goes hand in hand really. If you are paying all that money for FTTP, you probably want the fastest speeds offered.

0 Ratings