Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

BT Infinity Option2- Only 11400Kbps down & 532k up

Hi

Can anyone help with slow BT Infinity Option 2. I have been trying to get this fixed for over a month!

The BT promise 25.5MB  up and 10MB down

The promise

Running the BT Test site reveals the truth:

Results 

This test was conducted via an Ethernet cable.

During the 10 day line profiling I had 14MB down and 3MB up.  After the 10 days and various BT visits I have the above.

I have also had three engineers visits 1 to install and a whole day wasted when an engineer did not show up or even cancel!

1st visit to fix –Two gentlemen that came to my house had never worked on Infinity and did not know how to use the test equipment. Had lots of phone calls to another engineer and moved me onto a different pair of cables. No luck although CRC errors were reduced. 

2nd visit to fix. Engineer could not use the test equipment and was on site for 2 hours, apparently the test equipment does not work on Aluminum cables. Odd because the installation engineer and the untrained ones could!

Over a month of hassle with lots of calls to BT Help desks/engineers visits and the profile still shows that it is capped at 12544! So how can I possible get a faster speed!

Incidentally the BT help desk and BT engineers do not seem to have a good understanding of the issue. Although I am often told that my problem is very important to them and has been passed to the highest levels.

Any constructive help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Infinity Option2- Only 11400Kbps down & 532k up

I'm in the same booat as you mate. IP profile is set at 14mbps. Not impresed at all.

Are you on residential or business infinity ?

What sort of modem did they install? There was a a recall on all modems back in November as they were all dodgy which reduced speed. I'm wondering if we both have had dodgy modems installed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Hi

Sorry to hear you are both having issues with slow speeds, I think your best option would be to discuss your problems with the forum team click here .  They are a small team in based in Ireland and are usually very good at sorting out problems.

It can take up to 3 days before they contact you by phone or email.

best off luck  

Edit : also a good idea to run http://speedtester.bt.com/ , and post the results we can see what kind off ip profiles you both have.  Only asking as I can not see the results on your first post they are not showing

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Hi

Thanks for reverting. It is a white box:

ECI Telecom Ltd 

Model B-FOCuS v-2FUb/I Rev B

Manufacture: 04/2011

I believe the profile cap is at the exchange so not sure if this could be the reason. When the installation engineer tested the speed to my house it was 14MB so that would rule out the modem as day 1 was getting 14MB. Still not what was expected e.g. 25.5.

Good luck with your issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Hi Nige32, thanks for your reply. I am expecting an engineer to my premises today between 8and1 although I am not holding my breath as no one turned up for the 3 previous appointments (for infinity installation). I wasn't even informed they wouldn't be coming. I cancelled meetings on all these occasions which wasted my time as well messing around my clients. Someone eventually came out on the 4th booking. (5th appointment today with engineers so fingers crossed)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Hi 

Many thanks. 

I have filled in the form and sent in my details. 

I have included the Speedtester profile in my original post showing the cap.

I will keep my fibgers crossed and will update the forum with the outcome.

Peter 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

BT model number 061513

ECI ltd

white openreach modem is what I have. Is this the correct modem or one of the recalled modems?

bt speedtester results are ip profile setting of 14262kbps

download speed 13996kbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

From my understanding the problem will be at the exchange where the speed has been set to 14262KBPS. No matter what your modem will not be able to exceed 14MB since that is all the bandwidth you can have until the exchange is set to a higher profile. 

I think we have the same issue. The exchange is capping us!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

yeah im in the same boat too..must be free travel in the bt slow speed boat this month.lol

every time i ring i get the india call center..useless..

if somebody could just tell me does the speed differ during the day then i would be happy....

when i first got it installed my speed was between 45 and 49 down and 10 up now for the last 2 weeks during the day its 1.5 down and 13 down and still 10 up....

all the call center does in indian is ring me back and ask for a customer score on their call advisor....idiots...

speeds posted below

would you believe they are back to normal as off 5mins ago...but will try it again in 2hrs were it will be back to slow again..must have been a fluek...

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 35499 Kbps

0 Kbps38716 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

> Download speedachieved during the test was - 35499 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-38716 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -38716 Kbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 8205 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8205 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Situation update - Phone call from BT - Your problem has been resolved please test the line.

No change to the profile and still the same trhoughput. Call Centre impies BT Wholesale are at fault. 

However only the call centre can speak to Wholesale and you cannot email the call centre or Wholesale. 

I cannot see this getting resolved. 

0 Ratings