cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Order...Advice Needed Please

Hi,

I have recently placed an order for BT Infinity 2 & originally had my engineer visit booked for the 25th Sept. However after checking my online order status i had a message saying that i no longer required the engineer visit as they could install everything without requiring access to my property.

Alarm bells started to ring as i currently have Sky Broadband connect and know that an installation is definately required to switch over to Fibre Optic.

I contacted BT and was told that a part of my order had failed because they need to activate my telephone line before the Infinity can be ordered.

My telephone line is still due to activate on the 25th of Sept, and the lady on the phone told me that she will call me on the 26th once she has heard from the engineers as to what work needs to be done to get the Infinity installed.

She advised me that once the infinity has been ordered i would be looking at a worse case scenario of 2 weeks for an engineer visit.

Firstly would like clarification on here that my order sounds like it is processing correctly? and also if anyone has experience the same issue, and wether things went to plan or not?

Thanks alot

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Order...Advice Needed Please

I suggest you contact the forum mods they should be able to get your problem sorted for you this is a link to themhttp://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 9

i have heard of this happening before quite a lot so your not unique
it seems terrible that they dont do simultaneous orders any more but i think they have had a few disasters on sim orders so they avoid them now
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for replies guys.

Having read around the forums it does seem like a common problem.

Would still be great if someone could confirm that 2 weeks max is a legitimate time frame for the Engineer visit once the phone line has been activated?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I was with sky and moved over to infinity 2 package I had to wait 2 weeks for it to be installed but not at anytime did I have the order go wrong or cancel, and I had it all installed on the same day the phone got cut off at 8 in the morning by sky (thanks sky for leaving me with no phone) then at 9 the engineer turned up for the install but still no phone connected! He installed infinity with no phone connected and it worked too bout 2 hours later the phone line was connected. So all this about the phone line needs to be connected first is bull it can all be installed on the same day and at a push with no phone connected which they don't like to do because they like to check It's all working.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Interesting reply, thanks alot for this.

I agree that alot of the things that say to you is not 100% true, is their any way i could push them to fit everything on the same day or not?

Just a bit concerned now as my engineer visit has already been removed, so even though there is proof that Infinity can be connected without a phone line, it looks like i am stuck waiting for a new appointment once the phone line is fitted.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I can only suggest trying to get in touch with the bt UK care team to see what that can do? I have the link somewhere ill see if I can post it or if someone else can beat me there post it!
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 9

scotty, Clerioc already posted it above 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

So he did well that saves me a job looking for it. Maybe I should have looked further up the page first 🙂
0 Ratings