cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b19bol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Infinity Order – What a fiasco!!

Barely 1 week after ordering BT Infinity Option 2 I am beginning to think it was a mistake.

A Brief summary:

May 25th Passed MAC code to BT and placed Order online – Received email confirmation.

May27th Called BT as the order progress said Engineer does not need to visit ? why? I was told that was rubbish and he will most certainly call at the agreed time. Also

May 28th Called BT again after I found out what I was working on the day the equipment was meant to be delivered, I arranged for the equipment to be sent to my work address, and was told an email confirming this would be sent out.

After The email never arrived I called Today June 1st to check and was told that the Infinity Part of the order could not progress and that it was cancelled back on 26th May, and that they called me to let me know, that is total rubbish, I have an answerphone on both landline and mobile and in any case the mobile is never off, NO missed calls!, also the never emailed either.

So now I am told that the only way to proceed (as they don’t know why there was a problem with the order, other than it was not an issue with the existing supplier) is to wait until the phone is connected as agreed on June 20th and then to call back and place the order for infinity again, and they will “Escalate” it and “Fast Track” it. Of course by this time I will be without any broadband.

Why oh why can they not:

1: Tell me what the problem with the Infinity is?

2: Escalate it NOW and fast-track so that the infinity is installed as agreed.

My Concern is obviously that I am going to be left without broadband and no firm reason as to why or date as to when.

I am inclined to cancel the whole process.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Infinity Order – What a fiasco!!

Out of interest who provides your landline.

From posts on this forum it would appear people that have problems ordering do not have a BT landline, and it's when they are switching provider that issue comes up.

Openreach will not activate Infinity on a non BT line. So your BT line gets activated first then you can order infinity.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
b19bol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Yeah that kind of makes sense, I am with O2.
You would think that someone somewhere would have 2 brain cells to rub together and realise that when they go to activate the Infinity it will be a flipping BT phone line.
0 Ratings
Razorman
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Welcome to the Party Pal.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

You certainly can order a line and Infinity in one order I did it but they messed mine up as well but others have done it since but the confusion maybe the MAC code as that is not apparently required for a simultanous prvision. Quckest way to escalate is to contact the moderators on here using the form linked from their profiles. Your O2 broadaband should not cease until the MAC code is applied or at least mine did not but it might pay to give them a call.

0 Ratings
b19bol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

To be honest after calling them a number of times and them not doing what it was I had asked them to do when i called, I suspect calling again would be of no use whatsoever.

The "Infinity Group" were totally unable to tell me why the infinity part of the order had failed, when it could be fulfilled or anything of use for that matter.

What I may try doing is to actually bring the connection date of the phone forward, then try the infinity again. I wonder if that may work? 

Crazy!!

0 Ratings
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Once your phone line is with BT, it's should be green to go. On-line is the quickest and esiest way to do it.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

I meant call O2 and contact BT through the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
b19bol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

ah ok sorry.

Yeah I have contacted the moderators.

Not called O2 again yet but may do if I can get no sensible answers over the next couple of days.

0 Ratings
bwlmog
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

r19bol,

I wouldn't worry you're not alone.  I placed my order on the 23rd May (moving from BE, although I do have a BT land line).  I was originally told that the MAC code provided was invalid, then there was an incompatible product on the line and now I've been told that according to BT records my line is not set up for broadband (even though I've had it for the past 7 years) and that an engineer may need to check the local exchange. 

HH3 is apparently being delivered today, although I have no set installation date for Infinity yet and the case is apparently being escalated.  My MAC code runs out on the 22nd of June and if it's not installed by then I will be going elsewhere.

Good luck anyway, keep us posted.

0 Ratings