Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockHell
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity - Order confusion

Hey. I hope someone can help this newbie to the forums 🙂

I am slightly confused to the status of my Infinity 2 order. After doing a check to see if Infinity was available in my area and seeing that it was I got rather excited and placed an order online immediately

I placed my order for Infinity 2 + calls and BT TV. The order seemed to have gone through fine as I received my conformation email on the 2nd September. I also got my order number which is a number starting "BTCOM"

All seemed to be to be going to plan with the phone line going back to BT from The Post Office. I was given a activation date of the 20th September and in the easily hours of the 20th I received an email confirming the my phone service with BT was active

So the weekend past and I thought there was no harm in phoning BT just to see if there was any word on the Infinity part of the order. So I phoned and when I gave the Order number and there didn't seem to be any record of the order. They kept asking for a "VOL" number which I have never got, just the one starting BTCOM. So I was passed through to a few different people and all came up with the same conclusion, the order didn't exist. I kept saying I have got a conformation email but that didn't seem to make an difference

So I phoned up yesterday (25th September) to see if there was any update but sadly I got the same answers that I got before but I was then transferred to someone who said Infinity was not available in my area!! So I explained how I made my order and gave the order number but all I got back was pretty much that its would be impossible for me to have made an order, I have an email that says differently

After getting off the phone I did another check to see if Infinity was available and it has now changed to that its not!!

So I am slightly confused as to what to what has happened. I was hoping someone could help in anyway. Sorry for all the paragraphs, I hope I have given enough information 🙂

Andy (RockHell)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity - Order confusion

Does this checker say it's available? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
RockHell
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hello. Yeah, FTTC is available with that checker
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Then it's available. Which checker says it's not available?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
RockHell
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

The avaliblety checker on the BT website. I get speeds for BT Broadband which I am already on but at the top it says "You can enjoy BT Broadband now. BT Infinity isn't currently available to you."
0 Ratings