cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balb0wa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity Ordering Below 15mb

Wholesale checker says its enabled, was 2 weeks ago now. Says il get 7mb, still a lot better than the 2 i get now.

BT Infinity website says no, rang bt , she had it on her screen option 3, broadband with fibre, she says its not infinity, then she speaks to her manager and then it says to be confirmed.

Why cant i order it, arent BT allowing orders below 15mb when other isp's are?

Seems backward to me.

Please help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity Ordering Below 15mb

To get BT Infinity you have to be capable of getting 15mbps or above.

BT have just introduced a new product that allows people with less than 15mbps to use the new fibre network, you won't see anything like Infinity speeds but it will still be much faster than normal ADSL.

I ordered this new product on Monday here in Northern Ireland and the engineer is coming next Wednesday to swap me over to fibre, my speed will go from 3mbps to 13mbps.

I would try BT again as this new product is available now, for some reason no-one has informed the sales staff at BT!
0 Ratings
Balb0wa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

thanks, yes ive found out about option 3 , broadband with fibre, why the woman on the end of the phone wouldnt let me order it i dont know.
0 Ratings
robinbredin
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

@Balb0wa wrote:
thanks, yes ive found out about option 3 , broadband with fibre, why the woman on the end of the phone wouldnt let me order it i dont know.

Not worth paying out the extra money if you are not going to get the speed, better off on the package you are on. 

0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

BB Option 3 With Fibre is EXACTLY the same price as the normal BB Option 3.

I know this as I currently have BB Option 3 & have just upgraded to BB Option 3 With Fibre.
0 Ratings
Balb0wa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

well no im not, i get 2.5 now, 7 is the minimum, a lot of people where the estimate is below 15 , get more than 15 so i hear, 7 is still a lot better than what ive put up with for the last few years!

0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I was told on Monday that the minimum I can expect next Wednesday is 13mbps download and 4mbps upload.

I am expecting my speed to be around the 17mbps mark to be honest.
0 Ratings