Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awharton
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity Pre Installation Question

Hi.

I'm thinking about moving over to BT Infinity, but have a question about the install before I do.

I live in a new build property that has an external NTE master socket (XNTE).  There are no master sockets located on the inside of the property - all are extensions only.

Does anyone know how BT will install Infinity with this setup?  Will they install a new internal NTE - if so can I choose where that should be?

I've called BT 4 times now and each time I've got a different answer ranging from the install can't be done to they will install a new master socket.  Just wanted to get an idea of what the real answer is!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
awharton
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity Pre Installation Question

Anyone?

0 Ratings
dezontk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I don't have a specific answer, all i can say is what happened to me. I had an INTERNAL master socket in my sitting room, he used his elite wiring skills to create some sort of loop in the system, and then installed a NEW master socket in my office (as the hub really needs to be directly connected into the master socket) It didn't require the laying of wires or anything, he simply messed around with a couple of sockets in my house (sitting room, office, and my bedroom). I'm sure the engineer will sort it, don't listen to the brain dead call staff reading off of sheets of scripts.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RubberNutter
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi

As far as I am aware they will bring the socket indoors as the external socket can not have the vdsl faceplate fitted, wrong type of box for fitting. They will get it sorted for you without any problems.

0 Ratings