cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottMckay1
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Problem!!

Ive had bt infinity since febuary 2011 and its been amazing since.. until last week, i've randomly been getting disconnecting but my hub lights stay blue, i done a speed test and its all good, but i done a ping test and got a 26 ping and 6 jitter, my friend told me that was bad and needed fixing, can anyone help?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Problem!!

I have the same problem, no internet but lights stay  blue !!

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Are you both using wireless?

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

I use a Wired connection from my Desktop and BT Vision box, and a wireless connection from my laptop and PS3, this happened tonight, all four couldn't connect.

No faults showing on either HH3 (all lights remain blue)  or Modem !!

Z

0 Ratings
ScottMckay1
Message 5 of 9

I use wireless on my laptop, ethernet on my xbox 360, all my hub lights and openreach lights are all normal (blue, green) but somehow im still disconnecting from xbox live, and for my laptop is either says It cant display the webpage or just takes alot longer to load? 

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Mmmm 

As the problem is happening on both wired and wireless then it may be you have a problem with your Modem or Router, mind you having no error lights (orange/red) doesn't confirm that though.

Your Openreach Modem (white one) needs to be mounted vertically for it's cooling vents to work properly.

The Openreach Modem can cause problems when it's lying flat especially if the HH3 is sitting on top of it.

Have you noticed a reduction in your profile?  Running http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ and noting your IP download and upload figures.

If so that might further confirm your problem and if you need to raise a fault call you could show the engineer.

Sometimed the HH3 is replaced to get better wireless connectivity

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Xbox-Live-Connectivity-with-BT-Infinity/m-p/310459#M16770

and msg. #25 http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Wireless-N-USB-adaptor-only-connecting-at-54-Mbps-WHY/td-p/27...

Not much help I am afraid, but if I were you I would keep a record of the problems date time etc. and if you then need to log a fault call having that info should help.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
shelly74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I have that problem, get kicked off line, but both hub and openreach working fine...

0 Ratings
spijboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Just thought i would say i have experienced the same thing a few times , all lights are blue and yet i have lost the internet connection , so far it hasn't caused me any problems but i wouldn't want it too happen too much , i'm wired up too by the way .

0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Hiya there

Modem is mounted on the wall , IP Profile is fine, just these drop outs

Z

0 Ratings