cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Infinity Problems

Yes, ive tried chrome, opera, IE etc and its only one file at a time and there is no change at all

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 19

very strange if you dont mind me asking who are you downloading from microsoft bbc iplayer ect
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 19

its anything from itunes, football manager demo, torrents, an attachment from an email for work, updates from microsoft etc the speeds are consistantly bad across the board regardless of browser, time, wireless, cable, website etc, etc its very frustrating

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

very strange im very sorry but not to sure what reccomend its a strange issuie i have not heared of before it would make sense if it was uploading but its not as for my first comment that what i was allways told its slow because the servers are optermizing bandwidth
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 19

no problem, thanks for your help, im thinking of contacting some of the mods for advice

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

yes that would be a good idea im sure they have some infomation with downloading files at certain speed if you need there email address to post back. wish you all the best of luck in sorting this problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 19

hi cameron, would it be possible if you could give me the mods email address??

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 19

hi sure mate its forum.moderation.team@bt.com put a link to this thread and also your telephone number and account number to pull up your details
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

this is the same problem I am having

I get consistently good rates on the bt speed tester, but very poor results in usage

during the day it seems ok, but in the evening I can't watch iPlayer without it constantly buffering, surfing seems slow, download speeds in the 10's of k range

one thing to bear in mind is that download speeds reported in windows/IE/Firefox etc. are KiloBytes where as BT line speeds are reported in Killobits... so you need to mulitply your download rate by 8 to get a comparable speed against what BT are telling you you are getting... so 4.5MB would be 36 Megabits, which is very good

however your 300-500KB is 2.4Mb-4Mb, which BT will still argue is par for the course in "peak" times

BT operate on a 50-1 contention ratio, which means that they only supply 1 40mb connection in to an area and then let up to 50 people share it... which means that if everyone is trying to use their connection at the same time each user will get less than 1Mbit each

I've seen download speeds as slow as 30-50KB in the evenings, inability to use iPlayer and completely cut off from playing games online

this is obviously not the service I was sold and I want it gone so that I can go back to the 4Mb service I was getting before that actually worked in the evening for the services I wanted like iPlayer and playing games

I thought I was getting somewhere when I'd had a couple of calls back from Tier 2 support, but over 1 week before Christmas I was promised a call back and it hasn't come

0 Ratings