Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Infinity - Public IP Address Changes - DISCONNECTIONS

If the line has been stable until changing to the Home Hub, I suspect that is where your problem lies. You could always change to a third party router.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

When did the problem last occur?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
TheDezrin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Last occured at 00:33AM this morning.

Do you know how to check the total TCP connections on the hub? I'm thinking that it might be possible that I am maxing out the TCP connections, but highly unlikely.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 21

There's no way to see the number of TCP connections through the Hub 6, or indeed any of the previous hubs.

What makes you think you may be exceeding some TCP connection limit? How many devices do you have and what are they doing?
0 Ratings
TheDezrin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Oh okay, thought that might have been a function.

Well I have 4 Ethernet connected devices, 2 servers 1 smart TV and my PC, as well as about 8 wirelessly connected devices.

The servers are backup and leased server space for private customers that host web servers and games servers.

My PC is usually just general browsing, but run's backups and things as well.

Just something to consider because I know that this was an issue I faced on the BT Hub 4, I was maxing out the TCP connections and the Hub had to force a reboot to get back online.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

I would seriously consider getting a proper router if I were you.

0 Ratings
rodbry
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

I have exactly the sam sympioms - only started about a month ago.  My log looks just like your log.  So it is nothing to do with our routers or lines.   It seems to me it is something BT are doing and hiding fropm us.   Only happened after i went to Infimity, but it  Infinity was fine for a considerble period.    My connect speed keeps changing now and is MUCH lower than when I started with Infinity.   I can get a max of 50 mps or so with my phone line but I'm doing well now to get 30.

0 Ratings
rodbry
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

I have just the same symptoms as you.   Log looks the same.  It is clear that this is due to BT doing things.  I have no fault 

With my router or line, but several time a day it wil drop the internet connection for a few minutes and come back with a different connect speed.  It seems to me that BT are organising the traffic by intermittently switching us off.  It is a real pain since  I now listen to internst radio which disappears at critical times - omnline earches have to be repeated etc. etc.   My  max. connect speed on my line is 50megabits or so, but now I am lucky to get 30.   So BT please stop doing this.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 21

BT are doing anything to your connection.  It sounds more like you are having connection problems and every time your connection drops you will probably get a new IP address when you reconnect. If the drops are frequent then this will result in an increase in noise margin and a drop in connection speed

post stats from hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Should say. BT are not doing anything to your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings