cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity Question Please Help!

Hi All

I'm a current Sky TV, phone and Broadband customer.

The BT Inifinity checker says that for my phone line, Infinity is not yet available but they anticipate it being available between now and May 2014.

I'm considering switching NOW to BT standard Broadband so that I can upgrade seamlessly to Inifinity as soon as it's available in my area (and also to take advantage of the half price offer and gift card offer and to get free BT Sport)

My questions are:

If I order broadband through the BT Website now, will that automatically change my line rental provider to BT? Do I need to inform Sky of this or will BT take care of the switching?

Also, I live in a block of flats, will this make any difference to my ability to get BT Inifinity? Is any drilling/wiring needing to be done within the property itself to make myself "Infinity ready", as any kind of work will need my landlord's permission.

Please help!

Many thanks
Martin

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity Question Please Help!

You will have to ask Sky for a MAC code, so that your broadband can be transferred, as you will need this when you place your BT order.

BT normally take care of thye switching, but it would make sense to tell Sky what is going on.

See http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=31676

The packages are listed here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

I see the Sainsbury offer is expiring soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Keith, that's helpful.

Do you have any idea whether or not my ability to get BT Inifinity is compromised by being in a block of flats? I'm hoping it makes no difference with it going through the telephone line as my current broadband does?

Thanks
Martin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

It will come in the same way as your normal broadband, via the telephone wiring, to your master socket.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Keith

So there is no additional "installation" required in the customers premises, as such, other than the phone socket?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@BRISTOL86 wrote:

Thanks Keith

So there is no additional "installation" required in the customers premises, as such, other than the phone socket?

You will also be supplied with a BT Home Hub 5, which is combined modem and router, which is now used for both ADSL and Infinity.

Provided you have a direct connection between your existing master socket, and your router, via a microfilter, it should work fine.

0 Ratings