cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neovo-88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity Router

i recently ordered BT infinity and i recieved my router today but i noticed its the BT Home Hub 2.0

I thought when ordering BT infinity its supplied with the new HomeHub 3.0?

Im a new customer and on the web site it says new router supplied.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
leenig
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity Router

I am also a new customer when I signed up it clearly said you will receive the BT Home Hub 3. They delivered the Home Hub 2 and to ad insult added £46 to my bill for the hub.

I now have a Bt Home Hub 3 the £46 as been deducted from my bill awaiting return label to sent back Home hub 2.

I had to fight a little to receive the Home Hub support were basically saying no you received the correct Hub.

i wonder if these hubs are being sent out in the hope most people would not know  - or your line is active and you cannot be bothered to return the hub?

Lee

0 Ratings
neovo-88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I called customer services they told me i've recieved the correct router.

They said as i've ordered Infinity over the phone i'll get the Home hub 2, Only online orders recieve the home hub 3.

Is this true?

I read so many reviews about the home hub 2 dropping wifi signals, i'll prefer to get the home hub 3

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 4 of 9

@neovo-88 wrote:

I called customer services they told me i've recieved the correct router.

They said as i've ordered Infinity over the phone i'll get the Home hub 2, Only online orders recieve the home hub 3.

Is this true?

I read so many reviews about the home hub 2 dropping wifi signals, i'll prefer to get the home hub 3

Hi there,

As far as I am aware, you should get a HH3 regardless as to what method you used to place your order. You are, afterall, a new customer and BT's blurb states that HH3s are available on new orders.

Drop the forum moderators an email; they're BT CS agents and hopefully they'll get something sorted for you. 🙂

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

I hope this info helps. 😄

0 Ratings
Highlighted
spacemn5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

from various reports i have read it is infact correct that you should only recieve the new hub 3 with online orders, as the new hub does not come out for the masses until the 28th, so am guessing that all phone orders before the 28th will be hh2, whilst all phone orders after 28th will be hh3, dont know why seems a strange situation, i miss out on getting a free hh3 as i have only just recontracted just over a month ago, nevermind i just picked up a brand new one of ebay for less than what bt will sell me one for inc postage

0 Ratings
meaga-byte
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

NOO this is a lie!!

I placed my order for infinity over the phone last friday and got my HH3 yesterday evening!

Dont let them fob you off. The HH3 is shown and stated on the details page thing (one that shows what u get with infinity).

To say you only get HH3 when ordering either over the phone or online is false advertising.....

nick160460
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi just got off the phone now and BT sending out a New HH3 to replace the HH2 I got on wed. just need to sent HH2 back when Prepaid bag arrives. asked if i ordered on line or via phone I said it doe'nt matter because the HH3 was the one on the advertised on Web pages
0 Ratings
TheDanielO39
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I agree, it used to say Online orders only but now it seems that it is given to you regardless of whether it's over the phone or online!

"DOWN WITH BT!" (I'm Jokin, BT.)

Hope I helped,

TheDanielO39

[IMG]http://speedtest.net/result/1360143198.png[/IMG]
0 Ratings
neovo-88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the email address.

I'll give BT another call and email the Mods

0 Ratings