Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Infinity Slow Speed

@KarenM wrote:

Will do David. Thanks.   If only all BT could be as helpful !

As well as being a moderator, David is BT staff.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Hi all,

Not good news I'm afraid. Got my call back from a very nice woman . Yes, they admit I was sold the wrong package Infinity 2. After the engineer's visit, they confirmed my line will only support 32max ,24average speed. Will be refunding my bank with last month's B/Band payments by way of apology, but nothing else. I asked what will happen with the B/Band and was told they would continue to charge me for Infinity 2. I asked abt downgrading to Infinity 1, she enquired with Retentions and came back to tell me...shock horror, that Infinity 1 will cost MORE than Infinity 2 and it would be better leaving my account as it is.
I'm a firm believer in getting what I pay for. Surely, there must be a package that is cheaper using Infinity 1. If this is not the case, then I think I should look elsewhere. She said she would note my account to avoid any charges should I move to a new provider.Do I have to start a search for cheaper service elsewhere ???

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Hi @KarenM,

Thanks for posting. It's possible that you're on a special offer for Infinity 2 which makes it cheaper than Infinity 1. If you haven't already done so please send me over your details and I'll take a look at this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Hi David,

Thanks for the interest. I have paid the line rental for the year. Infinity 2 was activated 14th sept and was discounted by £12.50 making Broadband and weekend calls £25pm. (Line rental cr £18.99)  £43.99. What info do you need ?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for getting back @KarenM,

That's a great deal but I can check if there's anything else we can do. Just drop over an email with your details using the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 16 of 17

@KarenM wrote:

Will do David. Thanks.   If only all BT could be as helpful !

Then why haven't you contacted the mods yet as offered by David?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Just to make you aware, I have replied to DavidM. Hopefully, a solution can be had, just waiting for his response.

0 Ratings