cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garthcoey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT Infinity Speed D/L and upgrades

I've had BT infinity for a while now and have always had poor upload ~1-2Mb but thats what my profile has been set to according to BT speed checker. I took the option of the free upgrade on option1 to unlock up to 10Mb upload and according to speedchecker my profile is now 10Mb but my upload hasn't changed. 

I also noticed my d/l is only ~20Mb although my profile is the full 40Mb. Half tempted to move to option 2 but dno't know if its silly and i won't get the speed. The speed checker says i could get 56 down / 20 up. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Infinity Speed D/L and upgrades

Hi garthcoey, upon upgrading to Infinity 2, quite a few users have had issues in terms of download/upload speeds where they have received less.

Have you tried resetting your modem and hub, sometimes it takes this to kick in the new speeds.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
garthcoey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

i reset the modem but not the home hub. i can give it another whirl when i get home later. the profiles seem to be ok on the speed checker which i guess is good or maybe they are misleading. 

if i go to option 2 infinity am i likely to see any improvement?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 15

Based on your current download speeds, it may be a possibility that you may not, are you far from your fibre cabinet?

The estimates on the Infinity checker are quite conservative, it's up to you if you wish to upgrade you may seen an improvement you may not, just so you know when you upgrade you also tie yourself to another 18 month contract.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
garthcoey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

I think i'm about 100-150 yards from the cabinet

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Line could be longer though, doesn't always take the shortest route unfortunately.

Are your tests being ran wired or wirelessly?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
garthcoey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Just ran it again wired:

Got 3Mb down and 1.72Mb up though was done straight after reboot of router and modem. 

Profile shows 38.72Mb down and 10Mb up but a long way away from them.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 15

You may have a faulty modem and or router, i would try requesting for new ones. If there isn't isn't resolved then, get on to technical support or the forums mods and hopefully they can sort this for you.
0 Ratings
garthcoey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Is there an easy way to do thr without spending half my night trying to explain that to someone on the phone who doesn't understand what's going on or anyway I can prove it?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 15

Yea you can contact the mods here https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They are a B.T care team who are really good at getting issues resolved, it also takes up to 3 days to get a response from them.

0 Ratings