Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 32

Re: BT Infinity Speed Issue, possibly DLM

Apologies. Let's try again.

The Hub builds a connection to a device in the BT network called a Broadband Remote Access Server. Within this connection there's a thing called the Link Control Protocol that manages aspects of that connection. The message I was referring to is simply part of that management where the upstream device is telling the hub to reset the connection.

In terms of DLM, a single disconnection and reconnection won't have any impact. The modem can be unlocked before you connect it again so you can verify you have access etc., before connecting.
0 Ratings
domjoy182
Contributor
Message 12 of 32

Ah okay.
So would that be when the HH would have previously disconnected before using the openreach modem?

Okay cool. So unlocking the modem only takes one disconnect? Will have a bit more of a read about instructions. Will having a Mac make any difference?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 32

@smf22 wrote:
@licquorice. Memory failing, but isn't it the Hub sending the termination request that's the odd one? The log is showing received termination which could be explained by something as simple as maintenance on the BRAS eg., it was rebooted.

Yes, you are correct, I just saw the PPP termination request and didn't look too closely at which end initiated it.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 32

Using a Mac to unlock the modem should't be a problem.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 32

I'd physically disconnect the modem and then go through the unlocking process. It doesn't take long, 10-15 minutes perhaps. You can then check it's working and you have access, and once you know it's all working, reconnect. In this way there will only be one disconnection.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 32

@pippincp wrote:

Using a Mac to unlock the modem should't be a problem.

It will be if it hasn't got an Ethernet port!! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
domjoy182
Contributor
Message 17 of 32

Haha that would definitely help. Will get some modem stats and report back.
Thanks guys
0 Ratings
domjoy182
Contributor
Message 18 of 32

@smf22 @licquorice I now have my ethernet adapter so will attempt to unlock the modem. WHat data is required once I have done this? Also is there a risk of messing up the modem?

btwholesal speedtest on wired gives me: 

Down: 26.98

Up: 14.09

Ping: 21.63

Anything else I can do until modem is unlocked?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 32

Unfortunately there is always a finite risk when flashing firmware. Once unlocked, you can telnet to it and read the line stats or run a programme such as dslstats to give a graphical view. Unfortunately, dslstats only runs on Windows, Linux or Raspberry pi.  http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/

0 Ratings
domjoy182
Contributor
Message 20 of 32

So flashing it didn't work. I couldn't connect my macbook to it. Now I just have orange no broadband light on my home hub.
Anyway to sort this out?
0 Ratings