Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Infinity Unavaliable

Hello,

I got an email 2 years ago notifiying me that BT Infinity was coming to my area and my exchange has been enabled for a considerable amount of time (well over a year). Currently I am stuck on an ADSL connection which limits me in terms of my job (I work in IT) and I could really use BT Infinity - especially the upload speeds.

For some reason the avaliabilty tool indicates I can't get BT infinity but houses literally 100m away from mine and on the same exchange can get it fine.

I am desperate for BT Infinity at home for my work, does anyone know how I can find out what the problem is and how I could possibly speed the process along?

(I don't think it is a poor quality line problem, here are the stats from the dsl line:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 15,911

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.5 / 21.5 )

Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Infinity Unavaliable

Hi Tomerf,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

Without your details I can't be very specific as to why the checker is stating that you cannot get Infinity.  Having your exchange enabled is only half the battle, you would also need your local fibre CAB enabled.  It may well be the case that your nearest CAB has not yet been enabled but the houses down the road from you are being served from a different CAB which is enabled.

Never the less I will be able to look into this for you.  Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings