cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucywilton
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity VPN not stable with ethernet connection. Help !!

Hi,

We had BT Infinity installed on Friday. All our home computers are working fine, but my husband has to use VPN on his work laptop. It runs OK if you run it wirelessly, but if you use an ethernet cable for a faster more stable connection it keeps dropping off every few minutes. We did have this when we used to use the Netgear router on the old broadband, and the router needed a driver upgrade. Do we have to upgrade a driver for the BT Infinity home hub ?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Kevan
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity VPN not stable with ethernet connection. Help !!

Hi - had exactly the same problem following Infinity installation and this link from another post has worked for me.

I think the problem is caused by BTs web address help facility.

I opted out of this service and my VPN works fine again.

To opt out go to http://preferences.webaddresshelp.bt.com/selfcare/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mralcox
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity VPN not stable with ethernet connection. Help !!

I have the same problem and it's driving me insane... Also too my initial 33mb download and 10mb upload has changed to 6mb download and 650k upload...

Have reported this to India and they've aske ME to monitor it... I have it's slow all the while and can change wildly from test to test.

But my VPN issue is my main concern as I'm a home worker... It's unusable... Constant disconnects, and yesteday it took an hour to send 10 20k emails....

I suspect it's a QOS problem of classing VPN as Peer to Peer activity throttling us down..

Frankly I'may over 4 times the price I was paying before and hate the service.. I'm technical and treated like an idiot on the phone by an Indian call centre who want to check my pc settings......

Tags (2)
0 Ratings