Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slsteve5013
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity - Very Slow Web browsing

Hello everyone,

got my BT Infinty and its been very good. download speeds are great when moving data to and from work via VPN and if watching on-demand etc. BUT web browsing is awful, loading images in web pages such as Yahoo is very very slow.

I have tried a new hard drive set up with just windows, XP and 7, still the same. My Iphone and IPads are all slow too.

BUT if I connect to my work via VPN, connect trhough our works proxy server the web browsing speed is fantastic.

ARE BT throttling web browsing on port 8080???? I think so becuase on Friday night for about an hour my we browsing was like lightning.

Any ideas??

thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity - Very Slow Web browsing

Hi Slsteve5013,

How are things with your connection are you still having problems browsing the web? Could you try running a speed test using http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ you'll need to run the "Further Diagnostics" once the first test completes.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
slsteve5013
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Paddyb,

I have run the speed test but its not good, please see below.

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 19.38 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 5.32 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional 
information.

This test was carried out directly conencted to the hub via ethernet.

As I have stated, web browsing is painful and I have just bought a new Dell laptop for my daughter and out of the box web browsing is slow.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 4

Try the following at a command prompt

ipconfig /flushdns
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star