cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Infinity Wifi Download Speed

Hi,

I got BT Infitinty switched on yesterday, but when I do a speed test with the ethernet cable I get a download of 32.12 and upload 7.88.

But when doing a speedtest on wifi my download speed is 6.56, which to be honest I'm rather disappointed at.

Should the wifi speed be like this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Infinity Wifi Download Speed

download speed over wireless is only as good as your wireless conenction which can vary from room to room in your home.  there is no guarantee on wireless download speeds for that very reason.  as speed appears on on ethernet you may need to boost your wireless signal about your home with wireless power adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your reply.

I understand there is no guarantees with using wifi, but would of thought it would have been better especially when I'm next to the smart hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

did you split the 2.4/5ghz bands as some devices don't like them  combined

you can also try changing the wireless mode from default mode 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

havent touched any of the split as I just got the new smart hub last week

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

just checked it is set to 5GHz

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@NIXON26 wrote:

just checked it is set to 5GHz

what is - the device?

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 8 of 12

That's the rub though, what device? Channels split? Drivers updated? No wonder ISP's don't give any guarantee on wireless connectivity.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

5GHz is set on BT Smart Hub 6
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 10 of 12

What do you mean it's set? The hub broadcasts on both 2.5 and 5GHz channels, why set it on just oneed?
0 Ratings