cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity - Wireless Connection Issues

I have had this product for over a year now, and I have to say it is amazing that I have lasted thislong without throwing the router out of the nearest window!!

Does anyone else experience such poor wireless connections??? i.e. up and down, up and down, up and down, all day long, any time of day, any day of the week.  It is shockingly bad!!!

I've changed channels, I've paid for an engineer to check the connection point, even though it's exactly the same one, and in the same position that the engineer installed it.  

I'm really at the end of my tether!

Anyone, care to offer any advice?

We are a family of 6, with many many gadgets, i.e. iPads, iphones, Xboxes, laptops, ipods, etc. are we being penalised for having too many wireless devices?  Can the BT Infinity product only cope with a certain amount of wireless devices?

PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity - Wireless Connection Issues

try this page by Keith which may help  http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/wireless/hub3_wireless.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Had infinity now for about 10 days and cant play any mmo get disconnected within 5 secs sometimes lucky and get maybe 15 mins have set hh3 to single channel seems i need a new router

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

If you have tried all the wireless checks/changes ie moved the HH3 off Automatic onto a clear channel.

Inssider is a good free wireless scanner for windows, that can help identify a clear channel to move the HH3 to.

Inssider video HERE.

Then you may want to consider another route. I note in Ady wrote in msg #21 and 25 HERE.

"My Netgear WNDR3700 got delivered today................

WOW! - what a router!!!!

My laptop now connects at 150Mbps and stays like it, Xbox 360 and Apple TV 2 all work flawlessly on the Wireless Network.

What can I say - anyone having issues with the Home Hub 3, get this router, you will not be disappointed!!!"

And more choice HERE

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings