Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMParsons
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Infinity Wireless Connection keeps Dropping while Streaming

Hi 

I hope someone can help. I have had BT Infinity for about a year and while I have had times when there has been lag, most of the time I am downloading or buffering so it does not effect my usage.

Recently we started using BBC iPlayer Radio to replace the DAB set I had been using and ever snce then it has been obvious that the Connection is consistently dropping. Probably a couple of times evry few minutes. I have tried the connection on multiple wireless devices with the same issue. I then connected directly to the Hub and experienced the same problems.

After a call with BT Support, they swapped out my Home Hub for a new one, saying that there was an issue with it. It has not solved anything.

Can you let me know what information I can collect from the hub to show my issue. I think it may be the copper coming into my house, though BT say not. My theory is based on the fact that during the recent High winds, the signal dropped out with very high frequency and the only part I can see the wind effecting would be the overhead cables. I am about 100m from my cabinet.

Thainks in Advance

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Infinity Wireless Connection keeps Dropping while Streaming

Hi AMParsons

Welcome to the forums.

I'll need to have a closer look at this to see what is going on.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings