cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT Infinity activated but only in BT imagination

I was waiting for Infinity slot for over a year and mid July I've got a message that I can finally get it. I upgraded the service, new smart hub came. Activation was supposed to be on 1st of August. In the morning I received message from BT that everything is ready and I'm activated now. I connected new hub. Today is 2nd of August and I am still on old internet package, 16Mbit and 1Mbit upload. When I go to myBT it shows me reported fault on 31 July, when I click on it there are no faults to show. This company again proves to me that it deserves no respect for lack of professionalism and makes some nasty jokes out of my money.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Infinity activated but only in BT imagination

Hi @Bartlomiej

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your BT Infinity order.  I can appreciate waiting a year for the service to be told it's available and then to have further problems is so frustrating! Smiley Frustrated

Have a word with our >>Order Chat Team<< and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

They reconnected me to technical team and there I was asked to do speedtest on bt service. DL was 15 UP was 1.00 so the guy told me it's 10 days stabilisation period. But it's hard to believe, shouldn't the upload be unlocked in this case from 1.00? Difference between stabilising to 1.00 and 20.00 is a big difference. Neither DL or UP goes up in any time of day and night. When I had issue in the past Openreach engineer told me that I'm connected to cabinet 200m away instead of the closest one. I wouldn't be surprise if this caused an issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

I suspect you're still on ADSL.

Can you post the connection stats from the router?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 14

Hi @Bartlomiej,

Thanks for posting. if you can post the details as requested by @Webby I'm sure we'll be able to help. Can you also try running the speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Speed test result:

Speedtest.jpg

Connection Status from new router.

ConnectionStatus.jpg

Sorry for late reply, busy life with a 5 months baby 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Your broadband connection speed is the maximum for Infinity2, 80M down and 20M up. Was the speed test done with a wired or wireless connection?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

It was wired connection. This is the speed I had previously. Nothing's changed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Can you run the further diagnostics part of the speed test and post the results as requested by @DavidM please? I suspect your problem is congestion as you are connecting at the maximum speed for Infinity2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

"

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 15.54 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 1.02 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."

This is further diagnostic of my phone line. ADSL and Fibre to the Cabinet.

0 Ratings