Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldsalt
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: BT Infinity, am I underwhelmed?

Go to solution

I am a bit reluctant to poke around in the panel, should of said it has 240v sockets too, 4 of the damned things. According to TLC Direct, the source of the image I posted, it is a master socket.

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Unfortunately I fear that (as usual), john46 is probably correct in that that panel could well be the source of your problems. Infinity is more susceptible to interference........

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
Oldsalt
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks for your help shirts and john46. I will monitor the situation over the next few days. If nothing changes I will have the panel looked at.

David
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Unfortunately I wasn't much help. The usual set up consists of the telephone line coming into the property and direct to the rear of the master socket. Any extentions would then come off the rear of the front faceplate. This enables all of the house wiring to be disconnected allowing Openreach to check the line upto the master socket for which they are responsible. Anything after that point, the householder is responsible. If there are a number of apartment/flats you may find that the line comes into a distribution point somewhere in the complex, and then is distributed to the various apartments from there. It may be worth having a word with the landlord and/or managing agent.

Meanwhile, as you say the speed you are getting on your tablet is far less than the speed your hub it may be worth downloading "inssider". This will show you if any other hubs are using the same channel as your hub, which would interfere with your connection......Smiley Wink  

You can download at http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/inssider.html   

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Oldsalt
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks for your suggestion and support shirts, I will download inssider later and hopefully see something useful.
Cheers
David
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

You are very welcome.....Smiley Wink Post back anytime. There is always someone about to help......Smiley Wink

0 Ratings