cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 77

BT Infinity & Broadband Talk

I attempted to get a broadband talk number and I have been told that broadband talk is not available with BT Infinity.

Can anyone confim if this is true or not and if so how do I get a bbt number as you cant do it via the www ?

www.bt.com/broadbandtalk has no way of requesting the service.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
76 REPLIES 76
robinbredin
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 77

Re: BT Infinity & Broadband Talk

@AlanTB wrote:

I attempted to get a broadband talk number and I have been told that broadband talk is not available with BT Infinity.

Can anyone confim if this is true or not and if so how do I get a bbt number as you cant do it via the www ?

www.bt.com/broadbandtalk has no way of requesting the service.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan, BB Talk is available for Infinity, because BT gave me a new local number, instead of the 0506 which I used to have.

0 Ratings
AlanTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 77

I would expect it to work, but am finding it hard to contact anyone at BT that accepts this and will actually give me a broadband talk number, and unfortunately no one seems to have put a request bbt option onto the www page.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
nafem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 77

I was also told it won't work with Infinity after I logged a problem that I couldn't associate my existing Talk number with the new Infinity router. Since then I have seen on these forums that others have it working so somewhere we are being told false information.

0 Ratings
AlanTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 77

As I understand it BBT is just a voip service so why It woudlnt work is beyond me and as you others here are saying that they do indeed have BT Infinity and BBT, I noticed someone said they had to change there number.

The only definitive statement I can find is that it doesnt work with BT Anywhere.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 6 of 77

My BBTalk has not worked since Infinity was installed. Although I was told that it wouldn't work, I did query it. I received the following reply:-

"I am sorry but the new BT Infinity does not support broadband talk. When your order was taken for the new Infinity service your broadband talk was automatically removed. I apologise if you were not informed of this at that time. Unfortunately there are no updates as to if or when the broadband talk service will be updated to allow it to work along side BT Infinity"

Alan

0 Ratings
AlanTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 77

According to these threads

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Voicemail-Broadband-Talk/m-p/38407

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/infinity-broadband-talk/m-p/45805

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Broadband-Talk/m-p/51766

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Broadband-Talk/m-p/18176#M11054

BBT does work with Infinity, but I am having problems requesting a number, the www site doesn’t seem to be an option, and when I call Im being told it doesn’t work.

Can someone clarify please ?

Does anyone here have BBt working with BT Infinity ?

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 8 of 77

I know that some people have BBtalk working, but I heard that after a particular date towards the end of August new Infinity customers were told that BBtalk was no longer compatible. In my case, I ordered after this date and have had it confirmed in writing that my BBTalk service was ceased.

May be the moderators will be able to confirm the current situation.

Alan

0 Ratings
AlanTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 77

So as supsected it will work from a technical standpoint, just BT dont want people using it anymore and arent allowing new BBT users.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 10 of 77

Sorry but I do not know where you are getting your information from. I have it and it works perfectly. Have had 'BTTalk' for some years though but the BT site shows the option for BTTalk is available either add on or in package.

0 Ratings