cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 77

Re: BT Infinity & Broadband Talk

I ordered it 4 days ago, Option 2, and although it doesn't mention broadband talk it was added to my order automatically, BB Talk Evening and Weekend Plan.

It's showing up on my order summary some maybe they are doing it again.

0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 22 of 77

Let the forum know if your BBT is still working a week after your Infinity is installed. Definately a lack of clarity here.
0 Ratings
gediredi
Beginner
Message 23 of 77

I have just this minute arrived at this page, and have just finished talking to BT about this matter !!

I had BB Talk for a couple of years no problems. BT sold me the Infinity upgrade, and I went for it.

The engineer even tried to get my BB Talk working when he installed it about 2 months ago. (without success).

Anyway I was still paying for the BB Talk Anytime plan, couldn't get it to work on the website, so I just phoned BT.

They informed me that BT Infinity is NOT compatible with BB Talk at all and it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to work.

They told me that the engineers are looking into making it work some time in the future (no idea when).

I cancelled the BB Talk Anytime immediately - but what concerns me is why they dont tell people this information ! If I hadn't have asked they would have happily taken the money !

I'm afraid this is usual BT chaos. I just hope they don't cancel the wrong service by mistake - like my broadband or landline phone as happened to me several years ago !!!

0 Ratings
gediredi
Beginner
Message 24 of 77

further:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13723/c/346

Bottom of the page:

BT Broadband Talk

BT Broadband Talk will not work with BT Infinity. After you upgrade to BT Infinity, your BT Broadband Talk service will end, and you won't be able to use your BT Broadband Talk number to make or receive calls.

0 Ratings
deltron
Contributor
Message 25 of 77

I was glad to find this post as i had infinity installed today and my bbtalk stopped working,i rang bt and was told the password had been changed and bbtalk wont work with infinity.I tried to configure iit and it did'nt work till i tried what 'nasem' said re changing avihome in the string to the ip number and it configured it and now works fine again:) many thanks.
0 Ratings
andymp2000
Message 26 of 77

Looking at upgrading to infinity, but concerned over the loss of BBT; not convinced I would get a true answer if I rang BT.

I actually use my BBT number via a SIP client on my iPhone, anybody manger to do this after infinity install?

Does the service just cease to work (although it seems by changing the settings to an ip address keep it working), or do BT actually remove the service and therefore losing the telephone number altogether?
0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 27 of 77

In my case my whole service was ceased, couldn't log onto account on the web, number gone, all ceased. Some others have had different experience. The official answer (there is a link somewhere) i that it is not compatible.
0 Ratings
hubel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 77

What SIP client are you using on your iPhone. I will give it a go and let you know if it works for me.

0 Ratings
deltron
Contributor
Message 29 of 77

just to clarify when my infinity was installed bt deactivated my bb talk and the password was changed to bbtalk 3615 which i guess may be a default password,so try that if you cant log in with your old details,then just change the string when you reconfigure and with a bit of luck that should work,well mines been fine since I got it reactivated
0 Ratings
woolaco
Message 30 of 77

I have been a BT infinity customer now for 2 weeks. My Broadband talk number is still working, and based on the correspondence here, I should think myself lucky!

. However, I do not seem to be able to get the phone to ring when the land line number is called as it did before. I have checked on the Hub, and it is set so that it should. Additionally when I use the broadband talk handset, if I press '5' for the land line, the line goes dead, and it the handset says 'Number Unavailable'.

Has anybody else come across this problem, and managed to resolve it?

Neill

0 Ratings