cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity & phone contract query

I currently have BT Infinity with 40Gb max monthly usage, coupled with Evening & Weekend call package. If I want to upgrade to unlimited data it seems I lose the Evening calls part of the phone package. Is this correct?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity & phone contract query

the free evening calls is now normally an add-on so should be ok but to make changes phone the options team 0800800030 who are uk based and they will sort it for you including upgrade to unlimited

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

BT's standard calls package is now just free weekend calls - they have stopped bundling the calls and broadband together.  You can then pay a few pounds monthly for an upgrade to evening & weekend, or anytime calls if desired.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks to both of you. Seems like another amendment that results in an unforeseen extra cost when changing contract.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

See the current BT Tariff Guide.

Page 47 shows that there are still a few current Broadband & Calls packages that include evening calls as well. However not all packages are available to existing customers. Some are for new customers only.

Page 48 shows the add-ons. Evening Calls = +£3.00. Anytime Calls = +£7.50.

Page 49 will probably include the older Broadband & Calls package you are on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for that. Nothing like simplicity to help the customer understanding!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

BT don't do simplicity! Smiley LOL

The tariff guide is written in legal-babble and the web pages are often as clear as mud compared to some other providers.

As far as I can see they still bundle weekend & evening calls with the following Broadband & Calls packages, but the first two aren't available to existing customers according to the web pages?

• Unlimited Broadband Extra
  • 40GB Infinity Extra
  • Unlimited Infinity 3
  • Unlimited Infinity 4

Your best bet is just to talk to the Customer Options Team on 0800 800 030. They might well give you a 12 month £3 discount on a Broadband & Calls package so you can use the £3 add-on to keep the evening calls at no additional cost.

When I last re-contracted I was on 40GB Infinity 1 and this was no longer an option for existing customers according to the web pages. However the Customer Options Team just re-contracted me on it and also gave me a few quid discount. I did drop the previously included evening calls though as that's what I wanted. They have magical powers!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yes, I recontracted last year and got a small discount, so I know things happen if you speak to the right person and ask the right questions - I think I spoke to the retentions team. I use my mobile during the day but having the evening calls package is quite useful. I've never gone over my data limit, but I've been close at times so I was just investigating options. I'll probably wait until my current contract is due for renewal.

Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

0 Ratings