cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 660

Re: BT Infinity and Fifa routing issues continued....

If your on about the amount of hops counts it takes? that's not relevant.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 660

Im on bt infinity and get 120ms to easo.ea.com as u can see above, yet connection is mostly ok for me in all fifa matches. And when it isnt I know its the other persons fault because I have 15mb of my 24mb allocated to my ps4 through bandwidth control. Fifa uses p2p for head to head games so that depends on the other person your connecting too as well as yours.

I am concerned to why it takes 24 hops instead of 14 of virgin though.

My set up is a little different to the standard bt infinity as I have my own router, a tp-link that allows bandwidth controls etc. On the bthomehub it was useless as when anyone else in house uses the internet, even youtube etc it sucks all your bandwidth, it is terrible router. I also had button lag almost every game. I got fed up with laggy games and bought my own router. I use ethernet to the ps4 as well, always helps and have found a mtu setting of 1458 works best for me through a lot of trial and error. 95% of my games are lag free now at any time of the day.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 660

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 660

It is relevant considering we're getting timeouts on some of the hops.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 660

Absolutely normal. Some nodes, are set not to respond to tracert requests, so the tracert command never gets an answer from them. Other nodes, further down the line, may be set to respond, but to give the tracert a very low priority, so if the node is busy, it'll ignore the tracert, and not respond.

Or is this still a failed response? spenty?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 660

There's nothing normal about it at all, you can tell the routing is dodgy as I used to always get matched against UK players now it's always foreigners.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 17 of 660

Take that up with EA.

As you have said you get matched with foreigners so are they the host?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 660

I did and showed the traceroute and their network support team told me it's an ISP fault which I already knew anyway, I used to get similar hops to that Virgin traceroute then when it started lagging all the time I checked it again and now it's 24 hops. Coincidence? I think not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 660

Until you can prove or get evidence that its a BT problem, BT are never going to help.

In all the posts about EAs gaming problems on this and other forums its always EA who blame ISPs all over the world.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 660

and BT always blame EA, just one viscous circle where neither can take blame, I'd bet both of EA and BT are at fault actually.

0 Ratings