cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 321 of 660

Re: BT Infinity and Fifa routing issues continued....

@Glenuig Yeah I am glad you agree, BF4 was actually playable and competitive for me over the weekend, then today Bam! BT re route us and it all goes to pot. Disgusting.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 322 of 660

A quick check on the previous 2 pages of posts indicate the problem was reduced but still present as a problem.

To me this indicates that the problem is not down to routing, there is some other factor playing a part such as throttling or congestion.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 323 of 660

Due to work commitments I haven't been able to game from last weekend, I thought I would come on here to see some good news but by reading the comments it seems to have gotten worse.  

I still have the upload bandwidth limited on my network and just played a game fifa13 which was lag free, I take it this isn't working out for others?

Does anyone on ps3 want a game of fifa13 (I'm too poor to buy 14) to test bt v bt? 

Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance to the mods as I was just too busy and couldn't commit any of my time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 324 of 660

I think I still have FIFA 13
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 325 of 660

Oops just saw you said ps3 not xbox, my bad!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 326 of 660

Well booted up the Xbox One their tried both Battlefield 4 and Fifa 14 but utter delay on both. 
They have no idea how absolutely infuriating it is saving to get the Xbox One then being unable to play any of your £50 games on it. 

Heres what Ive spent since leaving Virgin last summer. I previously had the Virgin 20mb package for 3 years ( No issues etc odd slowdown during peakhours.)

Signed up with BT in August  for their 'superfast' BT infinity service and was talked in to it by the sales team who promised me thoe lowest ping when gaming online over other ISPs

Yearly Line rental          £130

Installation/Equipment     £50

Montly Fee  (£26x 12)   £284                         (Option 2 unlimited infinity)

Homehub 5                   £45                          ( Homehub 4 was limiting d/l u/l speed by 33%)

TP-Link QoS router         £60                          (Attempt to fix Connection)

3 x CAT 5 cables            £20                          (BT's supplied cables llimit the speeds)

1 x Xbox One +Fifa       £450

1x Battlefield 4              £50

Total                       £1089               

Absolutely disguting what Ive spent trying to game online with BT. BTs india call centres then want to charge me every time i try to phone up to complain by putting me through to their expensive tech support. No doubt to get me to reset my modem etc.

100% counting down the days until I can end this nightmare. Bt have lost a customer for life the way us gamers have been treatedin general and on forums. I will continue to spread the word BT Infinity is not good for online gaming at every possible chance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 327 of 660

Well said Glenuig, never a word spoken truer, only difference for me is I have spent so much on equipment to help fix this issue such as; extenders, different routers, other honehubs that I have been unable to buy the Xbox One because I have spent so much elsewhere, it is infuriating. BT care more about their BT Sport customers and increasing their broadband users than actually bothering to help us gamers because after all, we are only the minority right? Really does make me sick, no doubt they are waiting for us all to go away and they are hoping we forget about these issues and move on like nothing happened. Anyone else notice how conveniently the mods communicated with us on here after someone said they had contacted Watchdog? No surprise there, only worried about their own ar$e$. I can't bare waiting until October to move ISP unless I want to pay £200 to leave which of course is not happening. Disgrace doesn't even sum it up in words. I don't really see the point in contacting Watchdog because these big boy companies just put out generic statements saying something along the lines of 'We care about our customers and take each case seriously blahblahblah' see EA for more examples of that. Two of the worst companies I have come across supposedly in communication with each other to 'sort this problem out' without doubt nothing will be done!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 328 of 660

Hi Guys,

We are still working on this so I am sorry I have no news to share.  EA are helping us with our enquiries at the moment and we are still testing.  The EA guys are based in the States so the time difference is adding to it.  We still don’t know the route cause so we continue to test.  I hope to have something more to share some time this week.  This is still very much top priority for us so rest assured we are on it.

Its proving quite difficult to locate the cause.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 329 of 660

@legitimise_sailing wrote:
A quick check on the previous 2 pages of posts indicate the problem was reduced but still present as a problem.

To me this indicates that the problem is not down to routing, there is some other factor playing a part such as throttling or congestion.

Maybe so, but all i know is that when my connection was routed not through paris which then brought my ping down considerably BF4 played fine all weekend. Then today for some reason they have changed my routing back to what it was before and my ping has jumped up and the game is virtually unplayable, i am so far behind what is going on in game it's a joke.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 660

Think they need to look at each hop 1 by one and maybe change the route for each hop until they find a fix.

0 Ratings