cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 451 of 660

Re: BT Infinity and Fifa routing issues continued....

This is taking the **bleep** now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 452 of 660

Ive heard nothing but good thing about Sky Fibre for gaming so it might be the next logical step. The only problem is their packages for broadband alone pretty bad unless you gete like ting TV too ( I dont watch tv).Plusnet look good as well but I am fairly certain their Fibre packages will be routed by Level 3 as well and its not a risk I want to take.

I was also considering a niche broadband provider who focus on quality over quantity, someone like a&a. Although slighly more expensive and with 100/200m/300GB limits they are contract free and there is no bottlenecking or congestion during peak hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 453 of 660

Zen internet is supposedly superb for gaming and all personnel are UK based.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 454 of 660

Zen Internet are the best ISP in the country without a doubt.  I used them for several years for all kinds of services and never had a problem with speed, reliability or support.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 455 of 660

I don't know if they have this specific problem but Zen still have problems the same as any ISP. Have a look through their forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 456 of 660

Im just worried ordering Fibre optic again. I literally do not know one person on fibre optic who doesnt lag on Fifa/ ea games.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 457 of 660

No way in hell I am paying around £200 to cancel my contract. Guess I will have to see it through until October *weeps uncontrollably* Hopefully the problem is identified but considering we haven't even got an update yet I'm guessing they still don't know what is wrong.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 458 of 660

BT, why has this not been fixed yet?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 459 of 660

Still no feedback from BT then about these issues? It got even worse for me on Wednesday night on BF4, servers wouldn't show, would not connect to EA and the game was just unplayable emptying clip after clip into people for them to just turn around and spray me and I was dead, I counter knifed someone but it did not give me the kill? Every 2nd tank shell would not count???

A couple of friends on infinity was also having the same issues with servers not showing and the like, yet friends on other isp's like virgin etc.. where all fine? They had to find a server just so I could join them to game online??? Should not be happening for the amount I pay!

Zen looks quite interesting and only 12 month contracts rather than the 18/24 you have to have with BT, also better estimated fibre speeds compared to BT's? now just to find out when my contract ends so I can switch providers since we seem to be getting ignored by BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 460 of 660

Hi Guys,

We just wanted to post to let you know where we are with this, we’re really sorry that this is still ongoing and that we have been unable to provide you with an answer up to now.

At the moment we can honestly say we are struggling with this one. We have been speaking to EA directly  and they inform us that the only intervention with them is the match making server on the head to head games, then the game is played between console to console. With regards to the team matches, they involve a completely different set up. If there are more than two single players then they involve an EA server to help broker the multiple game streams. If the game being played is a FIFA Ultimate Team match, then again a different EA server is involved to set up the match.  As there are a few different scenarios for us to contend with here it’s proving quite difficult to find out where the pinch points are with this.  The tests we have done on our own network have not indicated an issue on the BT network but after it has left our servers, so trying to identify how to fix this is proving difficult.

We have tested playing Fifa from an Infinity connection to Infinity connection, and I’m sorry to say we were unable to replicate the problem that is being reported. We are in the process of testing the game from an Infinity connection to a BT ADSL connection to try and replicate the issue and hopefully this will be completed over the weekend.

I am hoping by early next week we can update you guys with a more meaningful answer but at the moment the truth is we can’t pin down the area that is causing the poor experience but are continuing to investigate.

We really do appreciate your patience and ask to please bear with us for another while longer.

Cheers

Stephanie

0 Ratings