cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 511 of 660

Re: BT Infinity and Fifa routing issues continued....

Do other games lag all the time or just fifa and battlefield? Call of duty for example. I can't understand why it seems to lag all day everyday for most on here. I get the odd Laggy game which is frustrating as hell so if mine lagged every time I'd go spare.

I have had to do quite a bit of tinkering to get my set up like it is now though which we shouldn't hav to do tbh. Should work as advertised
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 512 of 660

I have bf4 and haven't lagged on there but haven't played for months. Every match on FIFA lags for me on every online mode with the usual stupid player reactions and constant stuttering or 5 seconds of freezing. Only COD I play is mw2 and that's usually fine for me. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 513 of 660

Hi Guys,

I am sorry to say that we have reached the end of the road with the support we can offer on the issue being reported.  We have exhausted all possible tests and avenues from our end and have been unable to find any issue on the BT Network. We have tested this extensively with our network teams, the peering team in Europe and had contact with Rackspace and EA, but unfortunately we have been unable to find a fault that resides within BT’s network, so this means we are unable to pursue a fix.

The traces that have been provided by you guys and from our own testing team, have not indicated that the issue lies with BT, based on this and the testing that we have carried out with an Infinity to Infinity user and Infinity to BT ADSL user, they both came back with no issues and the games were lag free.

We fully appreciate this will come as a disappointment but the problem being reported on this thread contains factors that we simply cannot investigate.  On the games that you say you experience lag we have no way to test your opponents connection so the issue may well lie with them, we also have no way of knowing for sure what ISP the opponent is on and it requires a bit more information than just who the ISP is to troubleshoot.

We fully appreciate your frustration around this problem and we hope that you understand that as an ISP, we have done everything possible to try and resolve the problem,  and we genuinely regret that we are unable to do any more in this instance, please be assured that if any new information comes forward that requires us to investigate again then we will certainly do so.

I would like to thank you for working with us on this issue and your continued patience.  I want to say a special thanks to Spluff for taking the time to help us test, it’s all very much appreciated.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 514 of 660

Not surprised by that response, knew it's what we'd get told anyway, new ISP for me soon then 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 515 of 660

SeanD,

Did you try changing the routing?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 516 of 660

^^ No they didn't as my friends and I have been running traceroutes everyday on our Infinity at all times of the day (some of my mates work shifts) and the routing has been going through Paris every time.

New ISP for me had enough of BT's lies and rubbish service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 517 of 660

Presumably all they tried was to reproduce the issue. And failed.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 518 of 660

So just because when they tested by playing they didn't lag, it isn't their problem? **bleep**ing inexcusable

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 519 of 660

If they couldnt replicate the problem makes me think it might be some part of our equipment. I did read a while back there was a problem with some of the white openreach modems. Think some had to be replaced. But then again there are some here who are lagging even using the latest homehub5 and that has a modem built in so not sure what it could be. 

Not sure if im just one of the luckier ones but it bugs me that people are getting lag all the time. Simply not good enough. Is it over subscribing in there area? Im not an expert in this i just posted more than 250 posts and want get to bottom of it. BT seem to be washing there hands of the problem. 

I use a tp-link router and have set my mtu to 1458. Use dmz on ip address of ps4 and have upnp enabled. I get open nat on cod ghosts and am nat type 2 on ps4. I also have changed my dns servers not sure if that matters or not. I used a program called DNS benchmark but on homehubs you cannot change the dns. Ive a mate in wales who hasnt changed any settings and uses bthomehub and never gets lag so it could be just hit and miss where u live and nothing we can do. I did used to have loads of problems on fifa and lagged a lot more than now so im not sure if its because ive changed to infinity 2 lately and got p2p restrictions taken off cus I recontracted to get bt sport. 

Overall im quite happy with my fifa gaming experience and now tbh most my problems with lag in the past I believe were others in house downloading and now that cant affect it as each device on the network cant go over 4-5mbps. Programs like utorrent if my sister used that i was screwed on fifa used to drive me mad. Even youtube at times would affect me. With close to 80mb that the most of you have youd think there shouldnt be any problems at all. Very strange this one. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 520 of 660

I am really disappointed that you have not found anything - I thought you were going to monitor my connection when lagging so atleast you can pinpoint the problem??

I would like to know what you did test or monitored?  I have created a few videos now of me playing vs others when its lagging and not lagging - I have also wrote down the players ISP and that they were not lagging.

I should not be lagging playing aginst other UK players that is a fact... 

If you cant do anything I need some sort of goodwill to terminate as my main use and enjoyment of my internet is playing Fifa.

I have worked with you guys and was available to help as much as I can - I hope you can organise this.

I would like to know my option for terminating my contract as I signed up for another year at the end of last year - changing from "the old throttled" package to the newer unthrottled as that was thought it may resolve my issues.

Thanks

0 Ratings