cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 601 of 660

Re: BT Infinity and Fifa routing issues continued....

You shouldn't need to buy another router and the only way I can have lag free gaming is to limit my uploaded speed which defeats the purpose of infinity
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 602 of 660

Seriously seamie I really wouldn't care about limiting it - I just need to know it would definitely work 100% before forking out more money. I am that desperate to fix it!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 603 of 660

The signs are that it is a router issue and the way the routers handle the traffic. If it was a routing problem, it should not make a difference what router you use - the same problem should exist.

If someone can lend you another router to try, I would certainly see if that makes a difference. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 604 of 660

Spluff, the best thing you can do is go to PC world and buy a router to test it and if it doesn't work you have 19 days to return it. I'm using an Asus rt n66u along with the open reach modem. Hopefully I'll get home tonight and I can post a screenshot of my working configuration.

You should care about limiting your upload speeds as you're paying top dollar for the service, you might as well be using talktalk's Cheapest package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 605 of 660

what have u limited your upload and download to? I am gonna try running a proxy on my pc and limiting bandwidth using netlimiter
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 606 of 660

I didn't notice a difference when limiting the download speed so I've just synced that with my line speed and found that 600kbps was best for me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 607 of 660

I saw someone post months ago there is a site where you can 'rent' routers then give them back. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 608 of 660

you cant return back to PC world if you have used that item.

I also have now tested another game on the PS4 - Assasins Creed and it plays perfectly no lag - this is a server based game I think.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 609 of 660

You can return items, I checked this before I bought my own router. I was told that I could use it to test if it was compatible and as long as the box wasn't torn and all the original parts were still I'm the box they would accept it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 610 of 660

@spluff

Was this game a problem before? Are you trying a different router or limiting the throughput?
0 Ratings