Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lofagi788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT Infinity and TP-LINK TD-W8980

Go to solution

I have spoken to TP chat support, probably they know less than me, seriously. Her advice was to send an email one of them engineer. I'm waiting for the answer now.

Unforutanely my drop is realy high. Without control my download speed is ~70.00 Mbps and the upload is ~18.00 Mpbs, with the control even without rules or withit my d: ~ 36 Mbps u: ~14 Mpbs.

I'm afraid this is some kind of feature when you enable the control, instantly split the line or something like this i have no idea.

Btw thx u're keep trying.

Edit: The rules are working perfectly when i setup less speed than 36 Mbps.

0 Ratings
Smeefa
Beginner
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution
There was one thing missing for me and without it this didn't work. I had to put something in the password box so I inserted a space and then it connected.
0 Ratings
tomhowson
Beginner
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution
I'm having the same issue as posted here. Have applied all the settings as above but still have no internet connenction. Am using BT infinity and switching to Tplink 8980 from a Home Hub 5
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

According to the TP Link web site the TD-W8980 is an "ADSL2+ Modem Router" so it will not work with Infinity without a separate VDSL modem.

Regards

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

@tomhowson

Its the TP-LINK TD-W9980 N600 you would need if you do not want to use a separate modem.

0 Ratings
tomhowson
Beginner
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution
Can the HomeHub 5 act as a VDSL modem?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

Not as a pure modem, no. You can turn off DHCP and wireless but it will still be routing and natting and carrying out the PPP functionality.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

As an aside, despite having a TD-W9980 myself, I would no longer recommend it. It is now obsolete and has become quite expensive and possibly will not have a firmware upgrade that would be required for it to work on IPv6. The newer VR600 would be a better option.

0 Ratings
tomhowson
Beginner
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution
So you'd recommend buying the VR600 rather than trying to get the TP Link and HomeHub to work together? I'm really not an expert at all this!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

Definitely, Amazon have it on offer at £75 at the moment.

0 Ratings