cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigehol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity availability

I had a new phone and broadband line installed in December and have since been trying to upgrade it to Infinity. I live on a new estate and know others who have Infinity. When I search online I am told that Infinity is not available and when I phone BT the latest information is that it will be available in a months time. I don't know if I will be contacted when it is available and why its not available now. Can anybody come up with any answers.

Many thanks

Nigel 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity availability

The estate could be served by more than one cab.

Check here to see what is currently available for you and to check if your cab is in the current roll-out phase.

It will also give you your cab number, you can then email Openreach for further information if nothing is listed for FTTC.

Send them your Exchange, can number and phone number and ask when FTTC will be available.

nga.enquiries@openreach.com

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive. It's unlikely BT will contact you to tell you it's available.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

You can email Openreach on nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk giving them your cabinet number, exchange,telephone number and address and they should be able to reply with the up to date information. They can take a couple of weeks to reply.

pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 5

Thanks gg, I forgot the link.Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Nigehol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Have used this checker previously, it says that fibre is available but open reach says its not! 'll try emailing them to see if I get a better reply than on the phone!

0 Ratings