Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hularuns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity become extremely slow past 2 days down to 0.03-0.08 Mbps

With speedtests to various places off peak by the looks of it I am experiencing maximum speeds of up to 0.08 MBps. I am on the 8Mbps service currently, so i'm not expecting any amazing speeds, but this means whenever i load a page or do anything internet related my latency goes 2k ms+. :(!

I had phoned up earlier and support said that it could be because of the microfilter, and they're sending out a new one, but out of curiosity I replaced the microfilter with an old one and I didn't notice a difference. So could this be the fault of a router? 

FYI the upload speed is barely affected if any. And I have tried both wired and wireless on Xbox, ipod and laptop/desktop. If it is the router would I be entitled to a new homehub since my contract is only 6 months old?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity become extremely slow past 2 days down to 0.03-0.08 Mbps

Are you sure you are on Infinity?  Infinity does not usually use microfilters, but relies on the filters in the master socket faceplate.

There's still clearly something wrong, just trying to narrow it down a bit.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

you wouldn't be on Infinity with an upto 8mb service

do you keep resetting your equipment?

does your connection keep dropping?

are your voice calls affected?

what happens if connected to test socket?

can you run a speedtest.bt.com and post results

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

certainly looks like an adsl issue when they post back the speedtest results I will move the post if needed
0 Ratings