cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity broadband keeps dropping out

Hi all in a need of some help with this issue. Basically starting 2 days ago my broadband light on my bt home hub keeps going from blue to a steady orange and then sometimes back to blue again but other times hangs on orange untill a restart is done. ive tried everything from unplugging everything and plugging it back in and doing a factory reset on the hub and starting from scratch again. I have followed the guides on here and other forums about what the problem could be but still having no luck. Thanks in advance!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity broadband keeps dropping out

I wonder if your Openreach modem is coming to the end of it's useful life as a modem and taken up it's new role as a toaster????

Is your Modem mounted on the wall so the ventilation/cooling holes work?

I'll see if I can find some threads about the Modem overheating and add them as an Edit... however I could be jumping to an incorrect conclusion but I think it may be your modem.

Edit.-

Openreach modem overheating solution idea

Another solution.

And Tony had this "I noticed broadband started dropping, broadband light going to orange then a minute or so later going back to blue"

Wonder how that went? perhaps we'll get an update....

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thx for the reply. And no its not mounted on the wall atm. I'm also thinking its at the end of its life span. I've never had any problems with it before. But if it was over heating wouldn't all the lights be affected not just the bb light?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@PC wrote:

And Tony had this "I noticed broadband started dropping, broadband light going to orange then a minute or so later going back to blue"

Wonder how that went? perhaps we'll get an update....

A fritzbox 7390 happened , VDSL router/modem, 4 Gigabit ports, pbx telephone system, Dect base station,Integrated answering machine and fax , voip.  Wireless range is mediocreSmiley Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings