cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaffacake
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity constant daily Internet drop outs - Smart hub 6

Hi I have been with BT since the year dot for broadband.. why??   they are the best....   til recently

I recently got a smart hub 6 - last week

previously I had a home hub 3 no issues, home hub 5 some issues and we went back to the home hub 3,  which has been working flawlessly until recently and this promted me to get the new smart hub (The cynic in me says BT has turned down line power to make everyone buy the new router?)

so on to the smart hub,  each day almost like clock work... between 12 and 3 and then again in the evening the internet connection has been lost by the hub, this has never really happened before...  at four previous addresses,  once or twice maybe but nothing on this scale.

I'd like to know what's going on,  I come on here and i read other posts from others saying they are having the same issues.

so what do i do?    well i have tried everything at home from removing other electric items that might cause interference, disconnecting unused devices, changing the channel, changing it back.... this is getting ridiculous

seems to me that BT are Capping or turned down power

should i ring customer services??  if i do whats the best number?

i'd ike to add my father is on SKY,  i have him saying why pay extortionate prices for BT when you can get sky cheaper,  no no no was my answer,  why because i truly believe BT has the best of everything when it comes to phone line priority.  I am now asking myself is this the start of the end.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity constant daily Internet drop outs - Smart hub 6

No such thing as turning down the power.

Either a line fault or a dodgy router.

When you say "loses connectivity" what happens to the lights on the router? Is it lost for all devices? How do you get the connection back?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jaffacake
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

i have my doubts about not turning down the power as well but what other explanation could there be??  none in my view as we have certainly not changed anything to our wiring.  I am always dubious of local exchanges as well.

The light remains Blue...  however there is no internet

to get the connection back there is really only one route....  turn off turn on and wait,  that can take upto 20 minutes as it does it's disco lights routine

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

That points to a likely router issue, assuming it occurs on all devices? It could be something as simple as the leases set to 24 hours and not renewing when they expire, or an actual fault with the router. Very unlikely to be anything else.

I express once again there's no such thing as turning the power down.

What are you dubious about in the exchanges?

Sounds like you're a little paranoid.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
jaffacake
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

i'll join the rest on here that are paranoid then shall I as that group seems to be growing daily and will soon be bigger than BT know what to do with than recall faulty routers.

anyway thanks for your smart alec remarks,

I'll be ringing customer services shortly. (but then that's another thing, BT are making a fortune out of these customer service calls)

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@jaffacake wrote:

I'll be ringing customer services shortly. (but then that's another thing, BT are making a fortune out of these customer service calls)

They are 0800 numbers, so calls are free from landlines and some mobile providers.

0 Ratings
jaffacake
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Cheers Keith, however I rang 08001114567 and i got a notification that i had made a call over £1 on my landline

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

0800 numbers are free
Beamobhoy
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Count me on that ever growing list, three months down the line and I am getting very angry......
0 Ratings
Mr_7
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Encountering the same thing. Monitored my connection with router stats, stays fine during the day but then starts to deteriorate around 6pm (SNR starts dropping from 8-9 down to 6 and then further) causing a disconnect router resyncs at half speed with a SNR of 28 which it sits happily at.

Can reboot it around 11pm and you get full sync speed and normal SNR again until same time the following day...

0 Ratings