Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity constantly dropping

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a bizarre situation where my connection will drop. (This has been the case ever since I got the line set up - approximately 1 month ago when I moved home)

Nothing will fix it unless I pick up, then hang up the phone.

Finally, download speed is about 24 Mbps, occaisionally it jumps up to around 38 but quite rarely. There is also a slightly crackle on the phone line occasionally.

Speaking to BT tech suppport is like banging your head against a brick wall, only much more painful.

Does anyone have any ideas, or suggestions how to talk to who doesn't ignore everything I say and read things off a script - it is so incredibly frustrating doing this.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity constantly dropping

Go to solution

If it has been happening since the install it sounds like the install has not been done correctly. You could try getting BT to investigate it as a faulty install. If they won't do anything about that you need to report the phone fault.

If you have a crackle on the phone line you will need to report a phone fault. Until that is repaired your broadband will never perform as it should. When you do report the fault report it as a phone fault and don't mention your broadband or they will go down that route.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I have tried reporting it as both broadband fault and phone fault.

They just seem to close them without doing anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi sm9ai,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, I have followed your advice.

0 Ratings