Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Infinity daily multiple disconnects since installation at end Nov 2013

OK, If you can be bothered can you up date us after the engineer visit. It may be useful to other users to know what the problem was.

0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Oh absolutely, I will. If there is anything I can share that helps anyone else having these problems I most certainly will.

Happy New Year, all. 🙂

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 21

Hi euphrosene

Just wondering if you are experiencing actual disconnects (where windows shows the disconnected icon in the system tray), or partial packet loss (where windows still shows connected, but you are experiencing browser timeouts or very slow responses, or regular buffering). 

I am currently, trying to solve the latter situation, with the help of BT tech guy. Take a look at this thread, where the symptoms are described in detail (ignore the SOLVED label, I set that by mistake).

My situation has improved greatly since the tech people started monitoring the situation, but still seeing the occassional lengthy periods of packet loss.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Disconnected. The icon either has a yellow blob over it or a whirling blue circle as it tries to re-establish itself hence clicking on Troubleshoot Problems to diagnose/reconnect.

Don't want to tempt providence, but it actually has been behaving today so far. (Icon for fingers crossed!)

Meanwhile.... I'd love to know why my password fails each time I try and log in here.

I then have to tell 'them' I've forgotten it to get 'another'.

It then tells me they don't match ...

But logs me in anyway. 😕

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

FAO 2ndmouse

Just had a quick trawl through that thread and it doesn't sound the same issue. Clicking Troubleshoot Problems gets it back up fairly quickly and at the same speed. The issue really is with the connection dropping (and the icon showing no internet connection).

On the plus side, it was such a pain trying to shop online, that my credit card is quite relieved I couldn't (shop).
artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Oddest observation: I didn't get one disconnect on New Year's Eve. Not one. Not even through the hectic Auld Lang Synes across timezones all night.

Today, the disconnects have returned.  So what could possibly have happened yesterday to make everything work fine - then return to crappy connecting today?

Genuinely puzzled!

😕

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Second appointment with engineer not bothering to inform me or turn up 😞

Third time appointment about to be made. And hopefully kept???

What is it with BT at the moment? Why such sloppy service for (a) loyal customers and (b) for a new Infinity contract?

Deeply unhappy.

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 18 of 21

As promised, I am back to provide an update. After 2 cancelled appointments (from BT not me!!) and an escalation to 'higher beings' a very nice engineer arrived today and stayed a very long time. Mostly outside fixing a biggish fault on the line. I am getting a call back tomorrow from another very nice guy who has promised to explain what the problem was in simple non-techy language but about the only thing I picked up (which may be wrong) is something about 'sync'.

Naturally I will share with you if anything more revealing is revealed tomorrow but from the sounds of things it was just a bit of bad luck for me in this instance. I hope. 🙂

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings
Just_Liz
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

This sounds really similar to what I'm currently experiencing with my home hub 5. Seems to be getting worse aswell, the frequency of connection losses, where it flashes green, amber etc ! As you say, very frustrating
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Hi Liz, if that's so, do book an engineer as soon as possible as they seem very busy. My first (failed) call out was 24/12/13. I got help from @BTCare on Twitter so you could start there. Good luck!

artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com