cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaz-essex
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity delayed until the 16th, line due on the 9th - Can I use an ADSL modem while I wait?

Go to solution

We've recently moved home and were going to port our connection from TallkTalk but after 2 failures woth missed dates, we cancelled the move.

We were due to go live on the 9th and my equiptment has shipped. Just had an email saying that our Infinity activation will be delayed until the 16th now but the phone line is still on time.

Provided our line is fitted fine on the 9th, would I be able to use a normal ADSL modem on the interim for broadband or are we forced to wait for infinity to be activated before we can get online?

I alredy have some spare modems (possibly a BT homehub) boxed up so that isn't an issue but I was mainly asking if we would at least be able to connect?

I have fears we will not!

Thanks for reading,

Chaz.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity delayed until the 16th, line due on the 9th - Can I use an ADSL modem while I wait?

Go to solution

You can not connect an ADSL router/modem and expect it to work. You will have no broadband until Infinity is activated.

chaz-essex
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Infinity delayed until the 16th, line due on the 9th - Can I use an ADSL modem while I wait?

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming.

The wait for broadband continues....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

There's no harm in trying though, it may work.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings