cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BT Infinity download/General observation.

Go to solution

Hi everyone

This is my first message, hope someone can understand it.

I've been an infinity customer for about 2 years and very pleased with it. So much so that I recommended our friends to get it installed. I know that even though they are only approx 7 miles away, they are in a completely different county/exchange but they are having problems that they don't seem to be able to get resolved.

When they were on just BT broadband - they were getting download speeds of 9mb so by switching to infinity they were told they'd get at least double that. They are still getting 9mb download speeds.

That's the first problem that they can't get sorted out. 

Finally and more worrying, a BT engineer told them that BT regulate the usage of each customer and if the customer isn't a heavy/regular user, BT will drop the download speeds to suit the customer?

Has anyone heard of this? My friends contract expires this month so they are considering leaving BT, which is upsetting for them, unless they can get any help or at least put in the right direction.

Thanks

Juney51

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Infinity download/General observation.

Go to solution

It would be better if your friends posted on the forum. They will need to run some tests so that forum members can offer assistance.

They should be getting better speeds than what you have described.

The information that the engineer gave them is absolute rubbish. I would suggest that he didn't know how to resolve their problem and thought he could spout this rubbish to cover for his incompetence.

Get them to post on the forum and I'm sure they will be given some help.

juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you. Unfortunately, they aren't the type of people who write on forums, so they have put up with their situation for over three months now. I just wanted someone to confirm that Infinity doesn't give you speeds to suit your usage - that it will give you what you are able to get on your particular line/exchange.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Are you able to either run the following tests for them on their system or have them run them and give you the results.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you. I will ask them this evening when they get home and post results here.

0 Ratings
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Hi - I can't attach the two screen dumps as the message exceeds the limits.

Is there any other way to attach them?

Juney51

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

If you save them onto your computer as a jpeg then you can upload them into the box you reply to on the forum by clicking on the symbol that looks like a tree on the menu above the reply box. 

jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Hi juney51

Maybe split the post up to two posts if the text and images are too big for one post.

To insert an image just click the image tree icon when creating the post.

imagehelp.png

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

0 Ratings
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

No- you are right - but it's still not accepting - will try again (in two separate posts)

0 Ratings