cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Infinity download/General observation.

Go to solution

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Can you post the screen shots of the speed test further diagnostics test. It will show the IP profiles for up and down.

jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Hi juney51,

As For the BTWholesale Speed Test results, there also needs to be the IP profile.

to get this you need to do the quick test then After Quick Test is done you need to click "Further Diagnostics" to get IP Profile.

Also please make sure the test is done with a wired Ethernet connection from the device/PC to the router/HomeHub.

Then post the results here please. It should look something like this (Though of course should be better than my example below)   :

speedtest-5-11-12pm.png

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you.

My friends are out for the evening now but will post the rest tomorrow. Thank you

0 Ratings
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

thank you

0 Ratings
juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Screenshot_2014-02-09-10-57-16.png

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Your friend's on Infinity 1 and the estimates show that they should get between 17.8Mbps and 42.4Mbps depending on which Range their line is graded at. Obviously they are well below this. The IP profile is at 9.69Mbps which indicates a fault somewhere.  If it has been like this since the day they had it installed it could be down to it having been badly installed. It can also be down to a fault on the line or at the exchange.

One thing to try is a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. After you have done that and it all restarts run another speed test and see if the speed has improved.

If there is no improvement they will have to report a fault to BT and ask them to send an engineer to investigate. If, as I have said, it has been like this from day one emphasis this to the call centre staff.

juney51
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

That's a fantastic help - thank you.

I'll get them to contact BT (again) tomorrow.

Thanks again

Juney51

0 Ratings