cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity download speed just halved.

Hi all, I had my line upgraded on Tuesday and I was very impressed with the speed increase.

However today my download speed will not go past 35mbits on any server. I connect to the HH3 with cat5 cable.

Is there any reason for this?

This is also seen on http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity download speed just halved.

Can you run a test at www.speedtester.bt.com and report what your IP profile is please?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ddni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Webby,

I tried the BT speed test.

It ran through test 1 and test 2 then asked me to run test 3.

I changed the HH3 details to "speedtest@speedtest_domain" and hit go.

It started test3 but then gave me this error;

"null

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

When you run through test 1 it gives you your IP profile at the end of the test.

You'll have to wait an hour before you can do it again.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ddni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Yes I expected it to pause and give me my ipprofile before asking me to run test3.

The test used to stop after test1 and test2 to give you the ipprofile. It doesn't seem to do that now and skips straight to test3
0 Ratings
ddni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
ddni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Update, my speeds are back in the 70mbit/s range. I didn't change anything. Maybe it was network congestion?
0 Ratings