cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity due to be rolled out by Febuary next year but I have a few questions...

Hi Folks

I found out a few months ago that my exchange, Capel, was on the list of exchanges due to be upgraded to Infinity which I must admit cheered me up no end. After having a good 8-10 meg connection at my last address and coming here where the spped reaches 3 meg on a good day was a bit of shock.

Anyway I am in an odd situation. The nearest cabinet to me for my exchange is a mile and a half away. The exchange itself is at least two miles away. I have had a look around and can't really find a solution to my question. If Openreach enable the cabinet will I still get the Infinity speeds or will it not be worth it? I can't make up my mind whether it would be worth getting Infinity should they activate the cabinet. BT are being their usual vague selves.

Anyone else in this situation? If it's going to radically improve things I'll have it but I can't make up my mind. There isn't any point paying out for it or even getting excited about it if it's going to be in actual fact, a damp squib.

Would appreciate any help ^_^

Cheers

Ryan

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity due to be rolled out by Febuary next year but I have a few questions...

Hi and welcome.

If you enter your telephone number (for most accurate result) into the Infinity checker http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_...

Or this checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

It'll give you an idea/estimate of the speed your line. 

BT's plans to increase FTTC speeds http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid={7e309437-6929-442f-8f25-cdd388518c64}

roughly double the speeds delivered by Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) broadband. This development will see FTTC downstream speeds roughly double from up to 40Mbps to up to 80Mbps. "

My Infinity speed estimate below. Actual speed over wireless n is between 30 to 37Mbps result CLICK HERE.

Infinity Checker result.jpg

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT Infinity due to be rolled out by Febuary next year but I have a few questions...

Already tried that and no joy. This mean it's not going to be happening any time soon?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 6

Correct, you need an Infinity cab within about 50Mts of your existing one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Sorry for the late reply but is there anyway I can find out if they ever plan to upgrade my cabinet/where it is?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@ryan2390 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply but is there anyway I can find out if they ever plan to upgrade my cabinet/where it is?

See the link to Dean's offer in THIS SIMILAR POST.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings