cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fixit24-7
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity getting even slower ... what a mistake I've made?

Infinity installed, over 25mb well happySmiley Very Happy … especially after having 2.2mb prior to upgrade. That was 6 weeks ago … Now however, download 0.3Mb, upload 6.5Mb … and this is a regular reading taken at various times of the day and night?

Full BT McAfee scan done, Ad-Aware scan done and any issues cleared. PC clean up software has been purchased and all dodgy junk files have been removed … I’ve been turned over by BT haven’t I?

Why does the service always work fantastic for a short time … then boom, it’s now worse than before I upgraded to Infinity.

Oh, my son has moaned and moaned that his PS3 online gaming now has tons of ‘lag’. I just wish I had gone over to SKY.

BT …sort this problem out now, YOU ARE NOT PROVIDING THE SERVICE YOU PROMISED … “at least 20mb” … lol.

If you’re thinking of switching to Infinity, ask for a long call off period … or else you just might regret it.

PS// I've only used one smiley, the others I've tried to use were taking over 2 minutes to load!!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity getting even slower ... what a mistake I've made?

Hi Fixit24-7,

Is your speed still low? If you're still having problems with this send an email in to us with your forum username and BT account details, and we'll get your connection checked out.

You can get our forum mod email address by clicking on my profile.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Belmont5
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Bit of a "Me too" situation here.

Noticed a bit of buffering on the iplayer, so I did a speedtest and discovered less than 1Mb down with a nice 7.5Mb up.

I have always been dubious about a permanent FON and Openzone presence on my hub so I directly connected the modem to my computer and got exactly the same. So it would appear to be the downlink to the DSLAM.

I must say, trying to find some way of communicating my frustrations found nothing but FAQ's. Not a single "Click here to speak to someone".

BB_Speed_22-36-57_01.12.2010.jpg

BB_Speed_16-53-50_02.12.2010.jpg

0 Ratings
Alan135
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

having a few problems myself latley

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript">// paintProgressAndMessageOnBar(-1 ,"Last Test Required" ); // </script> Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
8746 Kbps

0 Kbps38717 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
> Download speedachieved during the test was - 8746 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16000-38717 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -38717 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
8075 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8075 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

0 Ratings
Mad_scientist
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

If you guys powercycle your modem does your IP profile change?
0 Ratings
Belmont5
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Since writing the system has improved. Now getting around 20Mb. I guess as with most things system variables affect things from time to time.

0 Ratings
Belmont5
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

At a glance it seems to look like evenings are averaging 2Mb and lower.  My old Broadband was faster that this.

0 Ratings
cybertronic
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

im only getting 2meg with infinity !!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Belmont5
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

It would seem there has been some difficulty with the bandwidth somewhere within the system. My speeds are now running between 14Mb and 35Mb and even once got 40.22Mb.

I shall keep monitoring it and report back.

Bottom line is to keep plugging away and getting it sorted by reporting the slow speeds. The internet is, after all, just a computerised system that needs tweaking for best effect.

0 Ratings
Belmont5
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Nearly a week now and speeds are between 15Mb and 34Mb.

Think its fixed now.

0 Ratings