Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scj1066
Contributor
Message 31 of 34

Re: BT Infinity has come to a halt

Go to solution

Roberts Stream finally working - didn't have to change security settings, it just seems that devices take considerably longer to first connect to the internet with the HH4 than HH3. All looking ok at the moment and many thanks for all the helpful suggestions, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
scj1066
Contributor
Message 32 of 34

Go to solution

Unfortunately things didn't last very long - variable internet access via the wired hub connection during the day (with hub cycling through its soft restart I think - lights going through flashing green, orange then blue followed by steady blue) but when I connected direct to the OR router when the hub was down completely all was well so am pretty confident that the line / infinity connection is ok (a solid profile of 57.22 down with actual of 55.59 and profile of 20 up with actual of 12.59 via the OR router).

Am also struggling to get devices to connect wirelessly again - laptops and stream radio show a wireless connection to the hub but no or extremely slow internet access (although the wireless icon in the system tray shows internet access and the laptop's right next to the hub I only got 1.26 down and 0.08 up on the last test via wireless).

Am reluctant to do another factory reset of the hub at this stage (just got 55 down and 13 up on here wired to the hub but the other laptops still can't connect wirelessly - family getting very frustrated) and am dreading another call to the 0800 111 4567 team having rung them four times already to get to this stage so really don't know what to do next and am very seriously considering a move to Sky or Virgin Media when my contract is up in January.

As what stage do the moderators step in to help??

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 33 of 34

Go to solution

Hi scj1066,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you've done as much as possible at your end so we'll take a look for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
scj1066
Contributor
Message 34 of 34

Go to solution

After trying a number of new hubs via the moderators, have now got the network up and running with the HH5 they sent out this week, replacing what looks like a faulty OR modem in the process. Many thanks to everyone who has helped resolve this issue.

0 Ratings