Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity idevice intermittent connection

Hi

I have BT infinity home hub 5 & 6. Both of which drop intermittently broadband connection to idevices? Usually happens after some inactivity or returning home etc. It seems to be when an IP address for example 1.2.3.14 is assigned rather than 192.168.1.251? It’s quite random one out of several idevices will be affected at different times. I’ve switched off smart setup, separated 2.4 & 5, switched to mode 2, tried HH6&HH5 and still the same? Anyone any ideas?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity idevice intermittent connection

you could try changing the lease time in the hub from default 1 day to max 21 days and see if that makes any difference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity idevice intermittent connection

I've never used ISP supplied routers but even the most basic router should allow you to allocate a permanent IP address to each device.

Hopefully someone will come along and confirm if this is possible in the Homehubs.

0 Ratings