cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity in My Area

Hi All, first post here on the forums although I have been browsing the forum for a while.

My question is this, my cabinet (DE13 0TY){EMBURTO}{P53} according to the December pcp list states it will be upgraded to FTTC (phase 7b) in March but when I do a line check using bt wholesale it doesn't state that I will be getting BT Infinity. 

I've checked a friends number who lives just down the road but on a different cabinet and it gives him the BT Infinity info, estimated speeds etc.

Is this just because the wholesale database hasn't been updated and I will be able to get infinity when the exchange goes live or is it looking doubtful I will get it.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
TheArchitect
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity in My Area

Hi

I'm also on the EMBURTO exchange (Cab 69) and showing the FTTC stats up for me but the sister in law lives on Barleyfields too and shows nothing for her. The december rollout stuff shows your definatly having it.are you currently with BT for your phone line?

0 Ratings
MrVW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Yeah im with BT for my phone but its only been connected for a week

0 Ratings
TheArchitect
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

That will be the problem then, We had the same issue when we cam back from Talk Talk. Can take upto a month to show anything up but dont worry, you should be able to order it when it goes live. Been told by an engineer in Ashby that parts of Burton will go live this weekend as the majority is done. Hope its true!

0 Ratings
Cabspotter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi All, 

I live in Stretton area which is also on the EMBURTO exchange. CAB 30.

Wholesale checker is showing ETA 31st March estimated down 40mb and up 10mb (I live about 160metres from the cab)

Hopefully rumours are correct the service will go live this weekend, can anyone else substantiate this?

0 Ratings
sturev
Message 6 of 8

Stretton has now been put back to at least June 30th. Not suprised, BT=Useless!

0 Ratings
Cabspotter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

The Windshall area of Burton has now gone live so hopefully other areas will follow shortly.

Interestingly the Fibre actually comes from the Swadlincote exchange no Burtons..

0 Ratings
rayebb
Message 8 of 8

Stretton is now a super fast fibre optic area, upto 40mb. Better than 0.5 mb we have had for the past 5-6 years.

New modem being delivered and installed on the 21st May.

0 Ratings